We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Riding

Dudley, West...
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Horse Riding

Hi everyone, i'm sure there are people out there who have done the horse riding trips so just need to ask you for information :)

We are planning to book all our trips through Sinai Safari Adventures, and my little one really wants to do the horse riding. Can someone advise what condition the horses are in and if they are looked after well, we did the horse riding in Cuba a couple of years ago and am afraid to say that the horses were not looking great :(

Thanks in advance.

Bubbels Dive Club
Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Safaris
Time Safari
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Sharm Sinai Tours
Boat Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Safaris
La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Riding

Sinai Safari usually use the Omar Riding Club in Sharm and some reviews of this club and its horses are not very complimentary. It's listed at number 37 currently under Sharm attractions - search for it on the forum and read the reviews to make up your mind.

Other stables also listed in the reviews are Mangroovy Stables and Edelweiss Stables in Sharm - both of which get excellent reviews. You can book with them directly for rides. I haven't used either personally but both are well recommended on here by travellers.

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse Riding

I've previous booked direct with the stables at the Movenpick ex. Sofitel. They are more than happy to let you have a look around too. My experience was that the horses were very well cared for in clean stables etc. The guy who runs the stables had been there for 14 years.

Also, as Rollergirl says I personally would go with a higher rated stables than Omar as I took have heard they don't treat their animals very well even thought I do rate SSA.

Nichola

Burnley UK
Level Contributor
378 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse Riding

Nicola at Sinai Excursions have changed the place they use for horse riding due to the way the old place looked after the horses. Not sure which one they have moved to but you could contact her and ask for details.

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse Riding

CITDBurnley, ah I didn't realise, yes I'll see what I can find out and send you a PM.

Nichola

southampton uk
Level Contributor
204 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse Riding

Look at stables in Nabq I think they are called Moongrovey, or something like that.

They had some nice horses, and they do all kinds of rides.

Hope this helps a bit.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse Riding

Crazy group

It's called Mangroovy. I already mentioned it in post #1.

Edited: 6:38 pm, November 22, 2013
Herne, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Horse Riding

Hello

Sayed Abo Elrgal have stable in Sharm el Sheikh the name is Sharm Horse Riding.

The stabel is behind the Ring Road. He has a horse riding manage and for children´s small pony.

More info sharmhorseriding.com .

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
668 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Horse Riding

Don't forget most travel insurances class horse riding as a hazardous activity so make sure your fully covered before partaking in horse riding.

If you were to fall and injure yourself you may need a second mortgage to pay the bill.

9. Re: Horse Riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 21, 2015