We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purely snorkeling

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Purely snorkeling

We have only visited Sharm once and vowed not to return, mainly due to the hotel and my stomach! (see my review and pictures) On that visit the house reef was amazing (Paradise Reef) and we have now decided to give it another try.

Our time will be mainly spent snorkeling so we are looking for a decent standard of hotel with a fantastic house reef. We have spent a while looking and come up with a few choices.

Baron Resort

Baron Palms

Stella di Mare

Sultan Gardens

Hilton Sharm Waterfall

Jaz Mirabel

Royal Albatros Moderna

There is quite a price range between the top and bottom hotels but money is not our deciding factor, the snorkeling is so if you can comment on them I would be very grateful

uk
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Purely snorkeling

wow good pics, can i ask what camera did you use, i am after a good one. cheers

Karlsruhe, Germany
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Purely snorkeling

I use my husband's old cast off - it's a Canon Powershot D10. This has been replaced by the D20, I think.

:-)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Purely snorkeling

The reef at the Baron Palms and Baron Resort is very good. Saw lots of fish, eels, rays and even a Napolean Wrasse from the jetty. Greats hotels too.

I've heard that the reef at the Sunrise Arabian Beach is very good.

Will be at the Stella in a couple of weeks so hoping that is good too!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Purely snorkeling

Lesley, would you mind updating this thread on the Stella when you are back? We have booked for next Sept and I am hoping it will have some decent coral and fish life!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Purely snorkeling

No probs, will report back as will be spending a lot of time snorkelling :)

Askam in Furness...
Level Contributor
250 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Purely snorkeling

I have just returned from Island View Resort and the snorkelling there is amazing really good house reef, and no currents either. Some people we met swam right round to past the Savoy in one direction and then to Hilton Sharks Bay in the other!

manchester
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Purely snorkeling

Came back from reef oasis senses last week,I have just put a review on,the place is fantastic and the snorkelling is amazing. At the airport we spoke to a few divers and they all said temple reef is the best and wanted to know more about our hotel. They also do night snorkelling every night if that interests you. Gaz

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Purely snorkeling

Again many thanks all for taking the time to reply. You have given us a lot to think about and put us in the right direction concerning the reefs.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Purely snorkeling

Just wondering if any of you have tried the house reef at Sierra/Savoy and what you think of it, especially if anyone can offer a comparison with the great reefs mentioned above?

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Purely snorkeling

We have stayed in the Novotel, beach side….. in Naama Bay….. they have an excellent house reef, which starts at waist height….. My Husband and I used to spend hours just snorkelling around it each day ;)

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh