We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calimera Royal Moderna

Cambridge
1 post
Save Topic
Calimera Royal Moderna

i'm going to stay here on 3rd July, any news on hotel and location in comparison to nightlife activites?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna

Hi there just a wee warning, I went to calimera on the 8th for a week and became ill on the 2nd day. I had sickness, diarrhoea and really bad stomach cramps. Lost a whole day and night and could hardly eat anythin for the rest of the holiday. Sickness was only one night but diarrhoea is still going and thats 18 days after it began. Found out yesterday I have DYSENTRY which is a notifiable disease - thus I had the environmental health at my door yesterday. This is passed from feaces to mout so must have been from unclean food preparation in the hotel. We didn't eat out until the last day (I had already been ill for 5 days) and that was in hard rock cafe.

I could have let a dodgy tummy go as that is to be expected in egypt but catching an infectious disease like DYSENTRY is not on and it has ruined my holidays.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna

To answer your question about nightlife, you can get a bus at 8pm that takes you to Naama bay which is the closest town. This is a busy place and has afew clubs. I didn't go to any of them as I was unwell but I know that the hard rock cafe turns into a night club after a certain time.

The shuttle bus picks you back up at 11pm n takes bout 25 - 30 minutes to come home.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh