We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to get a good deal

west midlands
Level Contributor
329 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
where to get a good deal

Hi all, we have always booked our holidays through Thomson or Thomas Cook, me and my partner have just moved into a new house and weren't going away this year, we have a week off together in 2 weeks time and would love to go somewhere if the price is right.

Where is the best place to look? what companies are best to go with?

Any info would be great,

Thanks

Carron

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to get a good deal

I booked via Sunshine.co.uk and got a very good deal. They are ABTA and ATOL bonded; part of Hays Travel.

Nichola

west midlands
Level Contributor
329 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to get a good deal

Thank you Nichola, ill have a look at that site

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to get a good deal

Try travelrepublic,i have used them twice and got a better deal than Thomas cook and Thomson.

North Walsham...
Level Contributor
923 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to get a good deal

www.blueseaholidays.co.uk/sales_egypt.phtml was the best deal last time we went

England
Level Contributor
708 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to get a good deal

Hi

With troubled times in Egypt - I would only consider booking Sharm as a protected package holiday.

Ian

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to get a good deal

Ian, totally agree. We booked independently two years ago and when the riots became serious in Cairo Jet2.com stopped all flights. They contact us saying our flight out was ok but there was no return flight!!! We did cancel and get our money back but it was a worry. I would say to people to go ahead and book but be prepared it could happen again.

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to get a good deal

Hi Carron

If you prefer to travel with Thomas cook or Thomson have you checked out their alternative sites??

Thomas Cook also trade under Mytravel and Thomson under Portland also first choice under Eclipse.

Most of these sites are cheaper!!

Hth

S S W

Edited: 2:47 pm, August 04, 2013
Kent
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to get a good deal

i've booked flights for jan, but will hold of booking the hotel until nearer the time, if the worst does happen then easyjet will change our flights.

9. Re: where to get a good deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh