We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evening meal dress code

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
evening meal dress code

Staying at stella di mare, does anybody know if men have to wear trousers in the hotel resturant

North Walsham...
Level Contributor
851 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: evening meal dress code

The web site says long pants stelladimare.com/stellaSharm/la-terrazza-res…

Personally I always wore long trousers - why pay to go to a 5* resort, expect 5* service in a posh hotel and dress for butlins, but some men were wearing 3/4 shorts at dinner when I was there last.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: evening meal dress code

Thought so, thankyou

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: evening meal dress code

Such an old fashioned view, nice knee length shorts can look just as smart as pants. With day temps in the 40s and night temps high 20s I definitely will not be taking any full length pants but will still look smart in the evening. Im also staying at stella di mare in august but will prob eat out most nights.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: evening meal dress code

I agree with you Boltonlad, why make men wear long trousers when they are going to get hot and uncomfortable, my boyfriend wears three quarter length linen shorts, tailored and very comfy but smart.

I've seen men at dinner wearing long jogging bottoms, heavy scruffy jeans , jus cuz they constitute long trousers doesn't mean they are smart....

North Walsham...
Level Contributor
851 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: evening meal dress code

I agree that jogging bottoms, heavy scruffy jeans etc aren't smart and I think they should be excluded too. I still think that if you are paying a premium for an up-market resort, you should make the effort to fit the surroundings - I've seen people in scruffy basketball shorts and vest t-shirts going to dinner and being surprised at being asked to change.

London
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: evening meal dress code

naughtybutnice you have completely summed it up. My hubby hates wearing long trousers on holiday but some hotels in Sharm we have been he has had to wear them for the A la cartes. Some people had on their jeans and combat trousers!! At least my hubby wears really nice knee length tailored shorts and very smart he looks in them and they are not cheap. So Agree with you, jeans combats or really smart tailored knee length shorts, I know what me and him would choose. When he has to wear the long trousers he goes straight back to the room after dinner and changes into shorts, at those temperatures who wants long trousers on.

Edited: 9:49 am, June 30, 2013
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: evening meal dress code

Just got back a couple of weeks ago from Stella Di Mare. Was pretty much anything goes as long as men didnt wear shorts or 3/4s. Which as mentioned above is quite odd that people in jogging pants would be fine but some one in smart shorts wouldn't be. I did see them make the odd exception but dont think you wouldget away with it every night.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: evening meal dress code

Thank you

9. Re: evening meal dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh