We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

Bolton, Gr...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

Anyone want to meet up we don't want to be left on our own with the Germans!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

Hiya!!

Yes - was are staying from 30th August until 6th Sept and would love to meet up and comfort eachother when there are no loungers left ;-)

We are flying with XL at 13.55 - what time do you fly?

You will probably recognise us by our little girl, Hannah, who is 2 and makes a racket!! (Don't they all?)

CarolineJ

Bolton, Gr...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

Hi Caroline looks like were on the same flight and the same Hotel.

How you getting to the hotel my husband has been a bit worried about it. I read one post that said if we speak to the Med Hotels rep at the airport we can get on their coach for about £8 return.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

Hiya

Yeah, we booked with hoteltransfer.com - their sister company. We paid £4 each way too.

I know that it is £24 for the three of us, but it takes the worry out of being ripped-off by local taxi people. Also, because we are travelling with a 2 year old, I would prefer to stay with a company dedicated to tourists.

Although we were originally going to get a cab - I had read all the posts on here about cabbies and felt confident enough to barter. Hubby felt uncomforatble about it though so we decided against it and booked with a transfer instead.

See you in around 10 weeks - we'll have to wear or carry something on board the flight so we can recognise eachother!

Red carnation, anyone? ;-)

Bolton, Gr...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

Hi Caroline sorry not been on. Been pretty busy.

Have you seen the food poisoning reviews! Not long till we go hope they clear it up.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

I checked the reviews the other day. It doesn't sound like food poisoning.

Ask ANYONE on here - whenever you go to a different climate with different food and methods of cooking, you usually get what used to be called "Delhi Belly" which is the runs.

Granted, some people are saying that they have Dysentry, but this can also be picked up in the UK.

Check out www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx…

Bolton, Gr...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

Hey have you any idea if we need injections?

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

Several posts on this one.

Search for injections and vaccinations in the search box and you will have plenty of night-time reading!

Please bear in mind that every surgery and prcatice is different....

Our GP recommended Hepatitis A, and Typhoid. Also made sure that we were up to date with Polio, Diptheria and Tetanus.

So we had these ones done. They also advised us to take rehydrating sachets (dioralyte) and if we chose to, malaria tablets. To have them on prescription costs more as they aren't given on the NHS. They also gave us "standard" travel advice - if you can't wash it, peel it or cook it, don't eat it, don't eat ice cream from a street vendor - only if you can physically open the tub yourself etc.

Anyway, 8 weeks to go!!! Oh, it's after midnight - 7 weeks and 6 days to go! (Who's counting??) lol

Bolton, Gr...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

Well I better get to the doctors soon then. Hoping to be pregnant soon hope that isn't a problem! Anyway we'll be there before we know it.

Can't wait!!! :)

manchester england
Level Contributor
340 posts
9. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

My wife and I just returned from the calimera on thursday,Theres no problem with the food and all the ice in the drinks is made from bottled water.

Yasser who you will see at the active pool and beach bar does the best service and prices on all the excursions to cairo,luxor,quadding and scuba etc,just mention tommy from manchester.

You will love the calimera ,enjoy your holiday.

Bolton, Gr...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Calimera Royal Moderna - Anyone staying 30th Aug - 9th Sept?

Thats great news I was just looking at the reviews and loads of people are saying they were ill. Just found out I am pregnant so was thinking about maybe trying to cancel.