We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberotel Palace Info & How best to avoid Egyptian Tummy

Broadway, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Iberotel Palace Info & How best to avoid Egyptian Tummy

Hello :)

It's my first time in Egypt soon staying at the iberotel palace with my partner. Very excited minus the risk of being poorly. He's been twice before to Sharm and been fine but I want to be clued up in order to avoid any illness!

So does anyone have any tips on trying not to get sick at all? Been seeing Antinal pop up a lot is it best to buy this over there and start taking this even without being ill in order to prevent it?

Bought Imodium but seen this probably won't even work on Egyptian tummy? Also stocked up on rehydration sachets and anti bacterial hand sanitizer.

Is there any foods anyone would recommend not eating that could cause this?

I can't think of anything worse than being ill on my one holiday a year that I so look forward to!!

Also any info on Iberotel would be appreciated :) reviews on trip advisor all look fab. Am I right in saying also that there are two buffet restaurants included in AL and then the Italian that you get one free visit too but then you can also get money off if you use this again? How much cheaper is it if so?

Also I would love to take my SLR camera as I'm a photo-holic! Is this advised? My partner says I'll just get hassle from locals trying to buy it?!! Would appreciate others options.

Thank you

Sophie

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Iberotel Palace Info & How best to avoid Egyptian Tummy

Hi sophie,

if you get tummy probs,walk out of the hotel,turn right,straight across road,pharmacy on left Antinal 10 egyptian pounds. Have a good hol.

Edited: 2:24 pm, June 20, 2013
Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Iberotel Palace Info & How best to avoid Egyptian Tummy

Best bit if advice I had was while I was in Kenya regarding upset stomach, especially to get rid of the pain. Not sure if the hotel bars will stock this but ive seen it in plenty of other places...

double angoustora bitters

about half a pint of soda water

dash of lime cordial

... down it fast and its pretty much instsnt relief!

perfect to give you a bit of time to get yourself to a chemist. If the bars stock angoustora that is!

worth remembering :)

x

england
Level Contributor
195 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Iberotel Palace Info & How best to avoid Egyptian Tummy

Hi Soph,

as you know we went to Egypt a few years ago. We thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to return .I think its the luck of the draw with getting Egyptian tummy- I was fine Si was bad! However, I'm convinced he got it due to the fact that we ate from the outside buffet on the last day- everything looked and tasted fine, but we noticed that the table was visited by small birds. Cute as they are birds do carry lots of bugs!

Also I'm sure some of it is due to the stress of the journey , change in temperature, change of food etc. So keep calm, don't spend too long in the sun and eat sensibly! Antinal worked the best for hubby and was reasonable price if I remember correctly.

You may get hassled whilst there for your camera or anything else for that matter! After a few days you get more used to it and learn to ignore it to some extent - lets face it they are only trying to make a living who can blame them! La Shukran was the most useful phrase I learnt (no thank you) .

Have a great time - I know you will!

Maz

Broadway, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Iberotel Palace Info & How best to avoid Egyptian Tummy

Marion :)

Thanks so much for your tips, beanie said your a tripadvisor addict like me!

Thank you very excited now! A week today

See you soon

Sophie

england
Level Contributor
195 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Iberotel Palace Info & How best to avoid Egyptian Tummy

OMG Soph- it will be sooo hot! I'd swap places right now- cold and cloudy! Yes , definitely a TA addict here!

Maz

16. Re: Iberotel Palace Info & How best to avoid Egyptian Tummy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh