We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

Getting excited for our return trip to the Sharm. We went for the first time in December 2009, but now the school holidays dictate when we travel. Staying at the Four Seasons from August 8 - 20. Everyone thinks we are crazy for going in August. Any other "crazies" out there?

If you have been before in July/August, what's your tip for beating the heat. My in-laws are going with us this time and I think my 74 year old father-in-law Iis getting worried about heat.

Cheltenham, England
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
121. Re: Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

We're going on Aug 4th for 2 wks at the Dreams Vacation Resort. There is 11 of us travelling ranging in age from 5-62......we love the heat in Egypt and can now cope with a full day in the sun/shade with no ill effects (touch wood!!) but for those sensitive to heat and first-timers defo have a break from the heat around lunchtime, drink lots of water and listen to your body. If your feeling overheated have a break.

We didn't go last year and we missed it so much! We normally stay at the Sunrise Island View but we had to go where we could get a free child place so that's why we're off to the Dreams. Can't wait to get in that plane!!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
122. Re: Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

Mark P

We're there (Tirana) 10-20 aug, so get the beers in ready :). Some nasty reviews popping up on here for the hotel but I always travel with an open mind and have had enjoyable stays at other hotels which have had poor reviews on here

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
123. Re: Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

Make sure the temperature between your hotel room and outside of it doesn't differ by more than 3 degrees otherwise you will never acclimatise and may end up with a poorly tummy too due to temperature change. All else I can suggest is to keep your heads covered, hair tied back, drink water (no ice) and take some cooling mist? All the hotel sunbeds come with a brollie above as standard just make sure you get breaks occasionally from the sun is sheltered areas x

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
124. Re: Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

Myself and My GF Are staying in the Stella Di Mare from Aug 10th - 17th We cannot wait, so many great reviews about the Stella :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
125. Re: Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

We also leave london on the 25th august for 10 nights, staying at the Rixos Hotel, counting the days minutes and seconds. concerned about the violence but posts to this form are somewhat reassuring

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
126. Re: Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

Two weeks today also at the Stella with my wife! See you there!! Ten days of work to go, in Manchester today holiday shopping buying some stuff from the hints and tips section to help with heat and to avoid the Pharaohs revenge!!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
127. Re: Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

Hi all,

will be there from 29th of august for a week i am originaly from egyp ( living in london )If you require any assistant or any information about sharm or Egypt let me know and I am more than happy to help, I will stay in Hotel Iberotel IL Mercato

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
680 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
128. Re: Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

Me if we can Get a sneaky week with certain dates, that is daughter's birthday,exam results and her interview with new college. If it was just me I'll be there tomorrow :)

Hinckley, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
129. Re: Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

So excited - 6 days to go! Sonesta Beach here we come! Never been to Sharm before and me and my boyfriend are so so looking forward to it! :D

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
130. Re: Is there an August 2013 Roll Call?

Hi there,

We did Antalya last year too, first time in Egypt this August (leave on 25th for 10 nights), cannot wait although apprehensive with media reports.

enjoy anyway

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh