We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay in Sharm

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Gay in Sharm

I am visiting Sharm in July with my family - I am aware that homosexuality in a Muslim country is taboo but can anyone advise me of any gay friendly haunts I could visit where I could meet any other locals or holiday makers

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay in Sharm

What does it matter of the sexuality of a person? Surely its about nice friendly people to chat with.......? I dont mean offense by this, just thought it odd?

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay in Sharm

Understand completely wat your saying but I'm going on a family holiday with a large group So was just looking for some "me" time

Grays Thurrock...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay in Sharm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Egypt

I don't think you're going to find any gay friendly places, per se. I reckon your best bet is to go to some of the more popular bars and clubs and put your gaydar to use!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
238 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gay in Sharm

If you've got Grindr on your mobile, try that; usually some friendly guys around for a drink :-)

uk
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gay in Sharm

I went to sharm a few years ago with an ex partner and we didn't encounter any issues with being gay tourists, we just got on with our holiday and enjoyed it very much, the people are great.

I have actually booked to go back next week 13/05 with a mate who is also gay, it's not the kind of place where you will find any gay orientated bars etc but We were always made to feel welcome and felt happy in all the bars We went too, it's a mutal respect thing I guess.

I throw out any ideas of meeting anyone in a club or a bar lol, but there are so many things to do and plenty of nice bars, I'd just enjoy your holiday and not worry about finding the other gays haha, however if all fails and your getting withdrawals as mentioned above there's always grindr! Hope u have a good holiday

6. Re: Gay in Sharm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 20, 2013
7. Re: Gay in Sharm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh