We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Um El Sid or Namma Bay for young family

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
2 posts
Save Topic
Um El Sid or Namma Bay for young family

this summer will be our first visit to Egypt and weve heard good things but we can make our mind up where to stay resort wise.

Naama bay seems lively but maybe to lively for us.

Um El Sid has the hotel with a splash park that we were after but seems a little bit too quiet.

in the evening we like to go for a walk and maybe enjoy a meal out followed by a few drinks in more family type bars where they have karaoke on, small shows etc?

Um El Sid or Naama Bay?

Thanks

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,973 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Um El Sid or Namma Bay for young family

Ras Um El Sid is a great area with plenty to see and do but not a manic as Naama Bay. There's an Aqua Park there, there's also Alf Leila Wa Leila (Fantasia) and Il Mercato Shopping Mall (pics of both under my profile) Lots of restaurants, cafes and shops and its a cheaper area than Naama Bay. Old Sharm is walkable and is downhill, get a taxi back up! Lol

Regards

barbarah

Galashiels, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Um El Sid or Namma Bay for young family

Have you considered Nabq Bay? plenty of shops, bars & places to eat too

Kirsty

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Um El Sid or Namma Bay for young family

Yer i will second that kswan81, Nabq is beautiful i also really like Ras um Sid but you are a bit out the way over there, where as Nabq is lovely it already has the bars and restaurants, as well as all the shops and if you fancy anything different you can just jump a cab to Namma Bay which is about 20 minutes away by taxi or soho square.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,973 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Um El Sid or Namma Bay for young family

Naama Bay is only 10mins away from Ras Um El Sid, hardly out of the way!

Regards

barbarah

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Um El Sid or Namma Bay for young family

For me Nabq is too far out of the way. I like to stay in the Hadaba/Ras Um Sid area. Lots to do here - best snorkelling in Sharm at El Fanar beach, Aqua Blu water park, Fantasia, Il Mercato shopping mall and lots of restaurants/ bars. Also as barbarah says, only 10 mins in a taxi to Na'ama Bay and walkable to Old Sharm/Market area for more shops/ restaurants etc

6. Re: Um El Sid or Namma Bay for young family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh