We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cairo by bus trip ?

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
cairo by bus trip ?

Hi please could anyone tell me of cheapest yet realiable trip/excursion to cairo in may from sharm, also want to visit perfume outlet on the trip, great if you could tell me price of trip, thanking you.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cairo by bus trip ?

You can go by road extremely cheaply an organised tour can be £30-40 inc lunch and entry fees and always inc a visit to a perfume shop. You can also get a local bus which would be much, much cheaper. However, please check the FCO website about travelling outside Sharm. Are you aware that there are many perfume shops in Sharm?

Regards

barbarah

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cairo by bus trip ?

thanks barbarah, would love visit the pyramids again, didnt realise there were perfume shop in sharm, its a particular perfume i want will try google perfume shops sharm, i know we will be offered excursion from our tour rep but they are usually very expensive and we are on a budget this visit to egypt

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cairo by bus trip ?

I went by coach with a local company and yes, much cheaper than with the reps, it was an excellent trip. Yes, it's a long day but it's a long day whichever way you do it. Ask relevant questions, is it a coach, not a mini bus, does it have toilets and a/c. Will there be mainly English speakers on board, some won't mind but others want to hear all the commentary in English, not another language. You can take pillows to help you sleep on the way

Lots of perfume shops in Sharm, some are at hotels, worth checking out.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,180 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cairo by bus trip ?

Hi,

Many perfume shops in Sharm dilute their oils.

I'd recommend buying from one in a hotel shop, if pssible, as they're more likely to be trustworthy, from what I've been told by Egyptian friends who haven't wanted me to be caught out!

Regards

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cairo by bus trip ?

thank you for info much appreciated regards mary

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cairo by bus trip ?

I have done Cairo by bus and I would highly recommend it because you can sleep on the way there and sleep on the way back fully air conned and with toilets, the reason I recommend by bus was because when we flew to Luxor not only were we delayed there Abd back it's a lot of stop start through the airport and you feel more stressed than relaxed when we were there in march the average price for Cairo by bus was £35 which includes everything it's a fantastic trip and I would recommend to everyone

In Motion
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cairo by bus trip ?

I did Cairo many times by bus (public bus, not organised tour), and while it is doable, it is a pain and I would probably fly. I don't know how much a return flight cost with the normal airlines, but there is a new service that provides Sharm-Cairo flights for LE 350 one way -- for me that sounds very reasonable. The same company also flies to St Catherine, so one could actually do a nice circuit, visiting Cairo and St Catherine as well.

http://www.smartaviation.com.eg/

No travelling on the roads, no worries!

Edited: 2:24 am, April 09, 2013
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cairo by bus trip ?

question to Barbarah can i rent an apartments in Sharm for a month is it expensive?

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cairo by bus trip ?

Lots and lots of apartments to rent in Sharm, you will have no problems there, unfortunately I can't help on price, it will depend on location, size etc.

Regards

barbarah

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cairo by bus trip ?

thank you Barbarah))

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh