We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nabq Bay

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nabq Bay

Hi, we are thinking of booking for the Jaz Mirabel Beach in September. Normally when we go to Egypt we always stay at the Tropitel in Namma Bay. My husband fancies a change this time but we like to go for a walk at night and sometimes go for a drink in to different bars. Can anyone tell me if you can do this in Nabq Bay or would it be a typically hotel based holiday?

Many Thanks in advance

Carol

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nabq Bay

Nabq is a lovely area, not as busy as Naama but there are plenty of bars restuarant and is really nice to walk around in the evening or during the day.

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nabq Bay

I can recommend the Jaz Mirabel Beach. We've just been for the fourth time and it seems to get better!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nabq Bay

Many thanks for your replies. That will help us decide,

Carol

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nabq Bay

Hiya,

Plenty of bars and restuarants in Nabq now and more seem to crop up each visit. Hard Rock cafe opened in December , unfortunatey after id left but it looked to have a lovely outdoor bar area which should be worth a visit. Pataya beach bar is a lovely place to chill out, as it says its down on the beach with white leather settees on platforms and if its chilly ( not likey in September ) they have fire pits with seats set in the sand around a bonfire. Quite a few English style bars and a few shops with very little hassle. You also have a short taxi ride to Soho square if you fancy a bit futher afield. Its only about 10 minutes from Nabq and well worth a night out if you havent been ? Both Pataya beach and Soho Square have their own website so you can see what they look like before you decide. Hope you have a great time, im back in Nabq in just under 4 weeks cant wait :)

Shropshire
Level Contributor
92 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nabq Bay

I've stayed at the Jaz too and next door at the royal moderna. I got back Tuesday, and we went into nabq. It's a ten min stroll to la strada where the majority of shops and restaurants are but also some shops across the road from the jaz too. The blue and white buses also go past and they are 1 Egyptian pound. We didn't even bother with Nama bay this time.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nabq Bay

Thanks again for all your replies. It sounds lovely and we are definitely going to give it a try.

hornchurch
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nabq Bay

I stayed at the rixos in nabq can definitely recommend it, if it comes in budget small centre opposite with a couple of bars and a 10min walk from main centre. Hotel has 6 alcartes plus 2 buffett style disco and beach bar plus another open air disco great hotel best i have been in. Definitely worth a look

8. Re: Nabq Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh