We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

Hi

Does anyone know if there is any in flight entertainment on Thomson flights to Sharm el Sheikh. Thanks

Market Weighton
Level Contributor
262 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

There wasn't anything at all when we went last March!

Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

Non when went to Egypt last year. Think they ve done away with it

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
672 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

There isn't any usually, but last year on our way back we were on a bigger plane with headsets in the back of the seats and they very kindly put it on.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

Flew back yesterday with Thomson and asked the cabin steward why they did not now show the little Irish girl giving the pre-flight safety demonstration. His answer was that they have removed the video equipment to save money. - so no films of any kind. He has heard rumours that this may change

Trowbridge...
Level Contributor
189 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

Cant wait for my first trip to Egypt in May, but seriously not looking forward to flying with Thomson again. Last year we went to Cyprus with Thomson and its the most uncomfortable experience I have ever had on an aircraft. No entertainment (so bored out of your skull) and the seats, legroom etc was non existent (I am only 5' 3 so I cant even imagine how the bigger boned amongst us cope)

They used to say your holiday started when you left the house............not any more !!

Leeds
Level Contributor
974 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

I'd agree one of the worst flights I've experienced in a long time. Terrible leg room which we paid quite a bit extra for . Make sure you take entertainment with you.

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

My parents flew Newcastle-Sharm last month and said there was no in-flight entertainment either way.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
36,851 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

Thomson 757's are currently going through a refresh cabin wise where they are taking out a couple of rows of seating to create 3 rows in the forward cabin as extra legroom seats with 34" seat pitch, 30" seat pitch mid cabin and the rear of the cabin staying with the 28" seat pitch.

Still no IFE available but there is talk that they might be considering reinstating it but no news on when as yet !

Angie.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

Hey Angelina52, thought you looked familiar, you was a great help with your posts on the Dominican republic :-)) . So thank you...We are now off to sharm, we were hoping to go back to the DR this year as we loved it, but sharm it is.

We are flying with Thomson from Manchester on Monday and the TA told us deffo no entertainment, pack some puzzle books, a pack of cards, mp3 lol lol

lancashire
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: In flight entertainment on Thomson flight to Sharm el Sheikh

Thanks everyone for all your feedback, great help thanks. No surprises thought there would be no In flight entertainment but just wanted to check.

Think Thomson are still in the dark ages re leg room and entertainment

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh