We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Baron Palms' FUN'?

Egypt
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Baron Palms' FUN'?

Ok ,I booked at the Baron Palms in sharm el sheikh. Seems nice, with good reviews, I'm thrilled. The web site says that there are banana boats, and parasailing, quad bikes and all of that, but I haven't heard anyone mentioning them in the reviews. Everyone just says it's a great place to 'relax'. We want to relax, and have some fun too! We are two families comming together with children, I dont want everyone to get bored. I know Naama bay is the hot spot, but can anyone offer some reasurrances that this place is fun also? Is there anyone who has been there with or without kids, who have done some of these types of water sports there? I know we will be ok, just so long as they really do offer these activities on site. I dont want to have to travel out of the compound to arrange these activities.

Also, can you tell me if the beach is going to be very far from the complex. Can you see the water from the hotel? Do you think it is too far to walk there daily back and fourth with children? Or in other words, do you think kids ages 9 - 11, could easily walk over to the pool and have a swim or have lunch and then come back to join their parents at the beach, or would that be too far and/or inconvieniant for children this age? Is there a busy road they would have to cross? Or is it easy? HELP!!! I'm all worried about everything now!

Thanks for you help! I

Egypt
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Baron Palms' FUN'?

Ok,

I guess there's no one out there, thats been to the Baron Palms, in Sharm El Sheikh?

... Good luck then, to all.

Buckinghamshire
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Baron Palms' FUN'?

Hi Sima41,

We are going to the Baron Palms today for 2 weeks, will post when we get back.

Donna

Egypt
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Baron Palms' FUN'?

Thanks! dodi21,

I'll be looking forward to all the details, and I hope you and yours have a wonderful time!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Baron Palms' FUN'?

Hello

The walk to the beach is one minute - no roads to cross!

Most people go to this beach to relax -banana boats do appear occasionally but nothing else! However, the reef here is wonderful and if you get some masks and snorkels you will never see your kids fot hours! They could even do a dive course! Fot anything else you would have to go nearer to Naama Bay. Too many speedboats damage the reef and jetskis are banned in Egypt - thank goodness!!

Hope this is helpful

manchester england
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Baron Palms' FUN'?

chill out,and enjoy your well earned holiday im sure the children will be fine,but never let them near a egyptian road,usually you can get a free hotel shuttle bus if your hotel is away from the beach ,just drop th driver a tip of about £2 on your first trip to the beach(making sure you introduce the kids) and they will be treated like royalty.

Egypt
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Baron Palms' FUN'?

One minute? ...YEAHHH!!! That's great news!

You guys are super! Thanks for the advise as well, Tommymanchester.. I'm sure we will have a wonderful time.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Baron Palms' FUN'?

Hi, not been to Baron but it is one I looked at staying at, the only downside for me it was a little way out of Naama Bay... So far I have only stayed at the Hyatt but due to stay at Domina Aquamarie complex flying out next weekend, cant wait.

My daughter, who is now 10, has been with me, and generally speaking, the local people are pretty friendly. We also came into contact with Brits working out there, at the diving schools, etc, and they were all very accomodating.

As someone else said DONT let them near the road alone, there are some crazy drivers there!,

Naama Bay is fine for the children, we did not stay late, but had no problem going into Hard Rock cafe for dinner, Camel Bar etc, but I wouldnt recommend them going round alone, but on the resorts, within reason, they should be ok.

Take your own snorkelling gear! Its much more comfortable that the cheaps ones you can buy and hire, and will be well used!!

My daughter did a dive with an instructor, and they were very friendly and looked after her well. Did not go on banana boats etc, but sure you will have great fun!

Be sensible and enjoy!!!!

Egypt
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: The Baron Palms' FUN'?

Thanks cool,

And don't worry, I would never leave my kids out and about on their own...that's why I asked! I am familiar with the locals and the driving, because I live in cairo. I've been to Sharm once before and we stayed at the Movenpick. Only this time, because of the kids I felt we needed all inclusive.

I appreciate all the advice, I guess it's going to be alot different than the fist time since we are not on Naama Bay. The web site for The Baron Palms claims to offer parasaing and the dessert safari 's well...I will have to confirm that.

Take care

9. Re: The Baron Palms' FUN'?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh