We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sultan gardens info please

England
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
sultan gardens info please

Hi - we have booked a two week stay at SG for June this year. Have a few questions that hopefully some of you repeaters can help with.

1. Have booked a sea view room directly with the hotel. Would like to be on top floor as close to the beach as possible with full sea views - which room numbers should I request nearer the time. Have these rooms been refurbished yet?

2. We both intend replacing our snorkelling gear this year so would it be better to wait until we arrive - is there a shop on site we can purchase from (fins, snorkel & mask) I am thinking this would take the pressure off our luggage allowance on the outward flight at least. We dont want to hire - we want to buy our own.

3. We intend to upgrade our AI on arrival to Emir class mainly for the unlimited wi-fi but as this gives us 20% discount at the A la Carte restaurants we will probably have a meal or two in the Fleur de Lys. Has anybody got an idea of the prices in there before any discounts?

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help with the above.

Dawn

Falcon Adventure
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Safaris, Sightseeing Tours
Elite Diving
Scuba & Snorkeling
Taunton, United...
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay
Level Contributor
885 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sultan gardens info please

1. See my map here: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

and email the hotel a few days before. The 200s are nearest the beach.

2. There is a shop onsite with OK snorkelling gear, but if you want to be safe, buy before you go. The sea's such an important part of a holiday that I won't take any chances with sub-standard gear.

3. About £20 each for three courses, but if you're into lobster and fillet steak... You can drink the AI wine, beer etc, but budget UK prices for anything fancier.

Edited: 1:40 pm, February 10, 2013
England
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sultan gardens info please

Cheers Tony, looks like the 200's is the block to request from your map. Do you know if these have been refurbished yet?

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sultan gardens info please

Hi ....the rooms nearest the beach are block 4 not 2. We stayed in 264 last October and had a good sea view from our first floor room. However this was set back behind blocks 3 and 4 which are built in front of block 2. They are built in a tiered format so the upper floor rooms of blocks 2 and 3 will have sea views as well as ground and upper floors of block 4.

Taunton, United...
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay
Level Contributor
885 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sultan gardens info please

I guess I was mistaken. The resort map clearly shows different. It must be wrong: holiday-travel.biz/sultan-gardens-resort-map…

Taunton, United...
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay
Level Contributor
885 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sultan gardens info please

Yes, the map I got in the resort, and the one shown above are wrong. This one seems to have them the right way round: sultangardenssharm.co.uk/files/Download/Reso…

England
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sultan gardens info please

ok thanks to both of you - I will request upper floor block 4 nearer the time. Do any of these rooms have one kingsize bed or do they all have the two queen bed layout that seems to be favoured in a lot of hotels.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sultan gardens info please

If you want decent snorkelling gear, best to buy it before you go from a proper dive shop or sports shop( eg Decathlon) or online from somewhere like Amazon for example. There are one or two dive shops in Sharm but your average shop selling snorkel gear over there will not have decent quality stuff.

We invested in some decent years ago and take it with us every year. If you like snorkelling/ diving, it's well worth buying a decent set.

Kent England
Level Contributor
64 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sultan gardens info please

Hello

Stayed at Sultan Gardens last February - Room 471 - opposite Tiran island when curtains pulled - right on beach front. Going back March this year and hope to have this room or similar along this particular landing.

Took own snorkelling gear with us.

Hope this helps.

England
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sultan gardens info please

Thank you coopel, room 471 sounds perfect so I shall be requesting it or one very close by.

10. Re: sultan gardens info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh