We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dolphin swims ???

manchester
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
dolphin swims ???

hi all im just wondering if anyoneknows if you can swim with the dolphins in sharm and at what price

im goin in september to the st gerge three corners resort anyone else gona be there around the 7th ?

thanx karli

durham
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: dolphin swims ???

hi travelagent143,

i cant give you advice about swimming with the dolphins, but, i have read through some of the travellers reviews about this activity as both myself and my wife really wanted to do this and the reviews are not very pleasant i'm afraid, going on about how small the pool is for the dolphins etc. as i said i cant give you advice because we have not been yet but it has put us off.

London, United...
Level Contributor
341 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dolphin swims ???

If you can in anyway about these animals you will not swim with them here. the conditions they are kept in are really bad and there are much better places in the world to get up close to these wonderful animals.

durham
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: dolphin swims ???

good for you anna68

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dolphin swims ???

Hi there

Take a boat trip, if you are lucky you will see a pod of dolphins in the bay, they swim after the boats, that's the best way the see them.

Regards

Barbara

Liverpool, england
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: dolphin swims ???

hiya

i really wanted to swim with the dolphins but also after reading reviews on this activity ive decided to give it a miss to, i wouldnt fund they with my money to keep this business open when it clearly sounds cruel an nothing atall like florida etc...

but its upto you...

have a great hol

Adele' x

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: dolphin swims ???

Please do not seek a pool contact with the dolphins. These animals are kept in cramped conditions and your contact with them in this manner is totally uncaring. Would you like to go to your local pet farm and see a horse in a 3M enclosure with 20 people all struggling to touch it. Would you agree the horse could feel quite threatened by this. Dolphins are naturally inquisitive, but nomadic animals. Advise given before totally correct, take a boat ride and the CHANCE of seeing just one of the wonders of the red Sea. Alternatly, take the trouble to learn to dive and see ALL the wonders of the Red Sea.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dolphin swims ???

Please see my post - here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k572…

Don't do it - its awful!

Northern Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: dolphin swims ???

I dived with dolphins just over the border in Eilat and it was fantastic. The dolphins are free to come and go as they please, while there is an enclosure it is open at one end. There was no guarantee that the dolphins would be around, but we weren't disapointed. It was truly magical. As an experienced diver, I was disappointed that we had to dive 'holding hands' with a dive buddy from the centre, but it was a good idea because you get so captivated by the dolphins you don't have to think about where you are etc - your dive buddy helps you concentrate on the dolphins and points out different groups of dolphins etc. Costs about £25 for 20 minute dive and all the gear - so good value too. I booked with the Rep at Hilton Taba.

nottingham
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: dolphin swims ???

What price freedom?

Dolphins should never be kept in a pool just so people can swim with them................if you want to swim with dolphins go to their own enviroment......the sea....and swim with them there!!!!

Wild animals are they are as such we should respect them!

Jacqui

uk
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: dolphin swims ???

hi, going on the 10th of sept for a week, see you there i will be the one harrassed with two lively little boys. we would like to swim with dolhins too but heard very bad reports on it .

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh