We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I go???

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where do I go???

Hi guys merry Christmas to you all! I am looking to book a holiday for me and my g/f we went to sharm in may and stayed at oriental resort which to be honest we thought was great apart from the food could of been better but we never went hungry,it was out first all inc hol I have never fancied doing one before but wanted to snorkel in the Red Sea for the marine life,I never got out to the drop off when we stayed at oriental resort cos it is really far out and everytime I made my way out I would find 'mini reefs' as I call them and I would spend ages just watching the fish. I did do the Tiran snorkelling trip near the end of the hol as we had dodgy tummys early on and that trip blew me away! Anyway I have been looking at sultan gardens and also Renaissance Golden View,I was just wondering if any of you guys could recommend a hotel with great snorkelling and good food? I haven't got savoy money!!! Haha we just want a week in oct but not in naama bay tho. Cheers guys

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I go???

Take a look at the Iberotel Club Fanara in the Hadaba/ Ras Um El Sid area of Sharm. The prices are reasonable and they have great snorkelling and diving from here. Also IMO food is good too but I am a very unfussy eater.

Snorkelling here is some of the best around.

Norwich England
Level Contributor
554 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I go???

reef oasis blue bay has a fantastic reef for snokelling / diving and is also a great hotel with excellent food.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I go???

Have stayed at Sultan Gardens twice and the house reef there is excellent for snorkeling or diving. Nice beach area with jettys out to the reef for snorkelling.

Also could not fault the food, plenty of variety and excellent quality.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,110 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do I go???

Hi.

Our photos of S.G.

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Fellow poster, Goanjock’s pics of S.G.

flickr.com/photos/…

Regards

manchester
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do I go???

Thanks for your replies guys I will look in to them and let you know how I get on. Cheers Gaz

chester
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do I go???

Lovely photos Nephthys did you enjoy your holiday at this hotel ? I am still trying which hotel to choose .

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do I go???

We stayed at the Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort in September which has amazing house reefs, so good that boat strips and divers stop there.

If its a little out of budget you could look at the Reef Oasis Beach Resort. The Senses area of the resort is a smaller area within the beach resort (at the entrance to the whole resort)

We found the whole resort very nice.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
209 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do I go???

We are going back to Sultan Gardens for the fourth time and wouldn't consider anywhere else. Service, food and value for money can't be beaten!

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where do I go???

We loved SG and the food was great. Snorkelling wasn't as good as Hilton Sharks Bay for us as we thought a sizeable portion of coral was dead at SG. Still very much worth a visit though and we have booked a return visit in April.

Edited: 6:33 pm, December 29, 2012
Brentwood,Essex, UK
Level Contributor
397 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where do I go???

any hotels in the sharks bay area will have good reefs.

my points out of 10 for reefs are as follows

Jazz Mirabel beach..0

reef oasis blue bay...6

club magic life...8

hilton sharks bay resort...9

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh