We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking area

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dorset
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Smoking area

Is there a outside smoking area at gatwick airport when u have passed past port control

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
364 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking area

I have never found it at Gatwick or Heathrow sorry.

suffolk
Level Contributor
411 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking area

I e-mailed them to ask and got a sn*tty reply esentially saying NO.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,435 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking area

Pretty sure there isn't one once you've gone through security.

Before that when you've checked your bags you can just go outside until the last hour when you need to go through.

In Sharm el Sheikh airport there used to be a small cafe up the stairs near check in & before going through to boarding, where you could smoke.

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
291 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking area

after you go through security in sharm waiting to board you can smoke...last year they put in a new bar at the far end in terminal 1.....don't know about terminal 2......easyjet and thomson fly terminal 1.....

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking area

100% no to Gatwick, Just for anyone wondering though, there is one at Birmingham, East Midlands, Manchester and Newcastle to name a few but this website will tell you any others both here and abroad...

http://www.smokingtransit.com/

Edited: 1:43 pm, November 17, 2012
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking area

You can smoke outside all British airports until you pass through security

Including Gatwick upper floor and ground floor.

None have smoking areas after passing through security,

Hope this helps, Big up for the smokers 😉

Stuart

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking area

As a non smoker now :-) I only wish that when I did smoke I had thought of putting on a niQuitin/or any other- patch, for the sake of say £12.00 for 7 patches they had me stopped in about 4 weeks. You are meant to gradually quit with the patch strength getting lower as you go on but most quit before that. Anyway what I am trying to say is that if they do not have a smoking room in your airport,try the patches it takes away the ''I am ready to kill someone' cravings, especially if your flight comes up at delayed (been there!) and if like me you fly a lot you will benefit or if you a just a summer hol person give a patch or 2 to you mates if you only use 2 for dep/rtn ,thats what friends are for :-)

P.s Take the patch off before you have a fag on landing and do not sleep with them on, the dreams are very vivid and may scare the faint hearted! :-)

Any old hippies keep them on you will love the mad dreams ;-) lol

Bristol
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking area

There is a smoking area at Bristol Airport after security, also at Manchester.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking area

Smoking is not allowed anywhere in Scottish Airports,it is aginst the law, just to clarify,you will be prosecuted and may even miss your flight if you are caught in a non designated area,(the furthestmost coldest spot possible) they get you on littering,public nuisance and endangering minors, <18s all it takes for the last one is for the cctv to show a child walked past you,not worth loosing you well earned holiday! A few months ago inT2 Manchester there was a smoking room( after security) but to be honest by the time you climb the stairs you need a drink not a fag!

I am more than sure that Scottish people know this already but have to clarify just incase others north of the border were not aware.

Best 'smoking airpor't I have ever found is Gran Canaria, it's on the roof,the bar is cheap and they have sunbeds if you fancy catching a few last rays :-)

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking area

not fair :( smoking places in some british airports and not others man up gatwick and heathrow sort out all of ur customers not just some

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh