We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqua Blu

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Aqua Blu

Hello,

Staying at the Aqua Blu in December..

Just a few questions, I've heard its best to exchange money there, i was going to change some here just until we find somewhere to exchange the rest, can i change money at the hotel?

Any other tips anyone has will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqua Blu

Another thing while I remember, I've read about phone cards etc and heard its best to get a cheap phone and buy a sim, where can I get a sim from? Can i bring my phone and put the sim in that or is it best to buy a cheap phone out there?

Thanks again xxx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqua Blu

You will get approx 1LE per £1 over in Egypt

The aqua blu did have a small bank for exchanging money when I was last there, but this was a few years back.

Get friendly with the lifeguards, they will make sure you have inflatables for the slides

If your phone is unlocked to any network, you can just buy a sim over there, if not buy a cheap phone or get yours unlocked. Prices for vodafone can be found here: vodafone.com.eg/vodafoneportalWeb/en/P601378…

10p per MB of data is not a bad price

Edited: 5:31 pm, November 05, 2012
Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqua Blu

thanks for your help

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aqua Blu

We always get some egyptian money from the Post Office as in Sharm the money really is filthy, but just enough to cover a couple of days, as the rate is a lot better over there, you can put your cards in the machines in the hotel and they give you egyptian money which is not as used/dirty. I try not to touch it as I think the money is a lot of the problems with upset stomachs. We tipped in english pounds too and they seemed quite happy with this.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aqua Blu

To be fair, money everywhere is filthy

Take a £10 note here, how many people could of touched it? Lets say on average at least 10. Now bearing in mind something like 1 in 3 do not wash there hands after using the loo, that means 3 people who have had that £10 note might of touched it within 30 minutes of using the loo and not washing there hands

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aqua Blu

Yes I suppose!

Yes will do that then and use the cash machines, thank you for getting back to me!

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aqua Blu

I think delvey means you will get LE10 per £1 in Egypt and as the LE is at it weakest for 8 years and according to the money men still overvalued,it will carry on going higher.

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
364 posts
755 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aqua Blu

Miss Eli

No tips but just to say have a great time. We were there in December 2009 and it was wonderful. The foods not great bu they did have a pizza place also which allowed us to get something different. Enjoy the slides and the facilities but try not to have a gondola ride in the afternoon like me and the wife. We looked stupid!!! That's what a few afternoon drinks can do for you. On one night time try and visit the Old Market which is between the hotel and Naama Bay. Great for shopping and souvenirs and a good night out also. It's only a few quid in a taxi and five minures away. Enjoy.

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Aqua Blu

Thank you for getting back,

Why did you look stupid in the afternoon.. just wondering, probably a stupid question haha. The old Market sounds good, what times that open until?

Thanks again

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
364 posts
755 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aqua Blu

Miss Eli

When you get there have a go on the Gondola at circa 3.00 in the afternoon and then you can let me know when you get back. You'll then know what I mean. The Old Market was still open and very busy when we left at circa 11.00 pm. Not sure when it closes but it was still bustling late on. Enjoy.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh