We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

Hi all,

After a 28 hour delay got back to gatwick at 7 this morning. Had the most amazing time the hotel is wonderfull. We will be going back.

Despite finding out that i me and half of my department had been made redundant it was one of the best holidays off my life. I found out in nicer surronding then any of my colleagues . If your thinking off booking this hotel do it.

Any questions just let me know :)

Tom

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

How was it? We stayed there in May 2011 but the hotel's reputation seems to have plummeted since then.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

Oh Tom, so sorry to hear about the redundancies and a 28 hour delay to top it all off! Hope you had a fab holiday despite everything though :o)

Does that mean the school trip is cancelled or will it still go ahead?

Edited: 2:18 pm, October 06, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

Hi, its tom's (acount holder) wife here. We loved the hotel. Have wrote a reveiw will be published soon. We had a really lovely holiday, i think we will be returning, if we dont its only because we like to go to different hotels. The reveiws were really good before we left. Its number 24 out of al hotels in sharm.

Anything else I can help let me know.

Ps: I live 20 mins away from you in morden. Saw croydon under you name,

sue

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

Ah Sue :)

When we stayed there last year it was around number 10 on Tripadvisor, but over the summer I have read a number of less than positive reviews which have brought it's rating down, so Im wondering if the management has changed. It may very well have as the lovely Julie Lemoine has not posted a reply to reviews since July.

Did you meet Julie (tall blonde) of Guest Relations while you were there?

We are planning to go back to Sharm early next year, but would like to try somewhere else this time to be able to compare.

Did you go to Alf Leila Wa Leila? We missed going.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

Was the 28 hour delay caused by Monarch Airlines, by chance?

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

Hi, its now Tom again, the school trip has been handed over to another member of staff- good ridance ! Though I'm a little annoyed as I thought I'd be really organised and do loads of planning before my hol, then that happened !

We didn't do to the Alf Leila Wa Leila. I don't recall meeting julie however my wife went guest relations a few times without me. So ill check with her.

The delay was down to thomas cook !!

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

Ah-it is usually Monarch that suspects passengers to long delays. Yes, please ask your wife. I suspect that Julie has left.

Interesting that you booked with Thomas Cook. At the time of booking our trip (March 2011) they were not offering package holidays to Hilton Waterfalls. They were offering to the Sharks Bay Hilton though, but we really wanted to stay at the Waterfalls so booked Easyjet flights and B&B via Ebookers.com.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

Did you stay on an AI basis or B&B? If you did AI, did you think it was worth it?

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

Hi, ai and defo worth it. Wouldn't go to sharm not on ai. Also, one of my colleague's goes to waterfalls every year And normally books with tc. Also, I didn't book the hotel, was changed from another hotel .

Wife says she can't remember meeting julie .

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back from hilton sharm waterfalls , any questions ?

OK thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh