We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Village v Thomson Family Resort

Daventry, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Village v Thomson Family Resort

Hi all,

I have two children aged 5&3 and have stayed at a few Hoilday Villages.

For next year we had picked out the HV Red Sea (Egypt) as our holiday but following mixed reviews and a TV programme last night we are a bit unsure now.

There are two Thomson Family Resorts (Trpoicana Azure Club & Coral sea Aqua Club) in the Red sea too. I am not looking for a review of the hotels more a comparison of the facilities/kids clubs etc of both.

Grateful for any help or opinions.

Thank you

Daventry, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Village v Thomson Family Resort

Bump............

wales
Level Contributor
63 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Village v Thomson Family Resort

We've only stayed in Family Resorts, one in Majorca and Tropicana Azure Club. They have daytime entertainment based around the pool from about 10am, aimed at both children and adults. There were play parks for children to use. Kids Clubs were excellent, we only used the Team kids club as our daughter is 8. They offer a drop in den for all ages and then a book in session. The children get a t-shirt, hat and water bottle for the kids clubs. There are evening sessions quite a few times a week which you had to pay £5 for but were well worth the money. Night time entertainment is geared around children with an appearance of Thomson the Dog. He also does meet and greets with the children.

Hope this is of some help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Village v Thomson Family Resort

We've stayed at Hv Egypt twice and a few other Hv and like you fancy a change this year so we have booked the Thomson family resort in Egypt this year and to be honest I can't wait I'm on the understanding they are very silimar for the kids but price for us great we managed to find the Thomson family resort £800 cheaper than Hv. My children are 6 and 2 and my 6 year old is always checking the pictures out on trip advisor that people have uploaded for coral sea splash she can't wait for may to come .

4. Re: Holiday Village v Thomson Family Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh