We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visas and currency and radisson sas

macclesfield
Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
visas and currency and radisson sas

My husband and I are visiting sharm el sheikh in May and was wondering if it is best to excahnge money over here or over there, to take cash or travellers cheques? The other querry is shall we obtain a visa over here or over there and do we pay for it at the airport in english money or there local money?

Has anyone stayed in the Radisson SAS not the golden resort one, and what was it like?

Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: visas and currency and radisson sas

Not stayed at your hotel but it looks fab.

You will not be disappointed in Sharm it is a great place. You should take Sterling to be honest everywhere takes it and they prefer it to Egyptian pounds it also gives you extra bargaining power as its preferred. Your visa can be paid by us $ or £'s as well. When we went I took us $ travellers cheques but trying to work out the rates of exchange was a nightmare next time I will just take £'s.

I hope you enjoy your holiday be prepared for the intense heat and take high factor sun cream and Mosquitoe sprays.

uk
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visas and currency and radisson sas

sorry meant to say get your visa over there but only if you are going outwith the sinai area.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visas and currency and radisson sas

Much cheaper and lot less hassle to get your visa over there.

You'll find cash is best and an ATM card as back up. Travellers cheques can be a bit of a bind to get changed as some hotels won't touch them because of fraud. Can say about your chosen hotel, but no doubt some one can.

macclesfield
Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visas and currency and radisson sas

Thanx abs234 your info has been great. Just read a post about dolphinella you posted, wont be going there, fancy treating dolphins like that. Will be goin to aqauland though

Thanks

Shell 43

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visas and currency and radisson sas

Look at the forum for VISA's you may find that YOU DON'T NEED ONE, save yourself £10 each. ATM's are everywhere and last time I went I got 10% above what I was offered in the UK. The SAS will be a lovely hotel with good snorkelling.

Enjoy

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh