We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yourholidays.com?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
haych1
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
yourholidays.com?

Has anyone heard of or used this company before?? I've found a really good deal with them through icelolly but just unsure if I should go ahead.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: yourholidays.com?

Did you find out?

Karen

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
329 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: yourholidays.com?

I'm booked with them to return to Egypt in October and tbh not totally satisfied with them regards to charges and info given to me, charged to pay with visa debit (not credit) charged to leave a deposit rather than pay for the flights up front straight away, verbally given the wrong dates for final payments by 1 month (had to pay 1 month earlier than told), no breakdown what so ever on invoice as to what i actually have paid for re flights hotel transfers etc.

They have what appear to me as very high cancellation fee's which I found out when Monarch started changing the flight times and still waiting for my receipt to confirm that i have paid in full (have it on my bank statement).

BUT saying that that the price was still one of the better ones around, just be aware of what they may or may not charge you. I would probably not use them again purely down to the dates i was given for final payments being so out for the actual date - really screwed up my budget planning.

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: yourholidays.com?

I have been looking at booking for November and found teletext is a really cheap place and have great deals for top hotels

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: yourholidays.com?

Well ive just uaed yourholidaya.... Was quoted 320 per person on thw telephone total 640 recieved my confirmation email and it went up to 700 any reasons anyone can think of?? they are closed now so i cant ring.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: yourholidays.com?

Totally inept service - booked a holiday with them needing them to cater for many young people who were travelling with us - they got all the details wrong despite countless calls to have the information changed. When I got to the hotel, they had no knowledge of some of the members of our party being on the booking - after much trouble we got everyone rooms - when we checked out they said they still had no knowledge that some of our members were saying (still can't workk that one out) then charged us £550 for the 'extra' rooms. When we got back to the UK, we complained - 6 months later, we are still hearing that it is 'under investigation' - basically they don't want to give us the money back so they are hoping that we give up...I would strongly advise against booking with them as I 'stupidly' thought that travel agents were suppposed to take the hassle out of booking a holiday...

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: yourholidays.com?

Just booked with Low Cost Packages through Ice Lolly..... the original price of the holiday was coming up at £306 per person (for two of us) on the internet. I rang them up and by the time they added 1 x baggage, transfer, 'debit' card fee of 0.5% it was coming in at about £720 so I booked it on the phone, this was flying out with Easyjet and back home with Monarch. The operator said he would ring me back in 15 mins to confirm the booking but when he rang me back he said that the Easyjet flight was no longer available so I would have to fly with Monarch both ways! This was going to add about £100 on to the total but I managed to get it for £799! Before I went on Ice Lolly I was looking at the prices on Travel Republic but their prices seemed slightly more but after I had finally booked I went back and priced the exact same holiday on TR and it was coming back slightly cheaper...... Looking back, I wish I had just booked with TR in the first place!!

Luton, Beds
Level Contributor
316 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: yourholidays.com?

I have booked with Travel Republic.... pee'd off that they charge for DEBIT cards ! It isn't as if you can send them a cheque !

Plymouth, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: yourholidays.com?

Yourholidays.com

Be warned if you book with this company and something goes wrong... this is the response you will get "

“ As per our terms and conditions and your holiday invoice Yourholidays act as an agent only and your ultimate holiday contract is with your hotel supplier. Yourholidays do not have direct contracts with the hotels and therefore we have no control over the standards of any accommodation which is supplied to us/you from hotel providers. As we do not have a direct contract, we are not in a position to offer you any compensation for problems encountered as a direct result of the hotel and its standards, and any compensation offered would need to come from the hotel/hotel supplier.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: yourholidays.com?

Well that is an answer any travel agent will give you. As opposed to tour operator who indeed enters binding contracts with hotels and other services and can be liable for compensation.

Birmingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: yourholidays.com?

I booked a 2 week holiday to Jamaica for me and my girlfriend with yourholidays.com as we found they had the best deal at the time.

After the long flight and transfers myself and my girlfriend arrived at the Hilton hotel in Jamaica with the yourholidays.com confirmation and when this was produced to the receptionist she had no record of mine or my girlfriend’s name!

With the time difference being 6+ hours I couldn’t ring yourholidays.com to find out what has gone wrong so I had to book a room for the night for $450. I had to keep awake until 4.00am to contact yourholidays.com as it was 9.00am back in England. Once I got through I was passed over to a customer service manager who apologised and stated that this was human error and it is all sorted now.

Guess what .................it wasn’t.

The customer service manager e-mailed the Hilton hotel but the hotel had no payment of our 2 week stay. And by this time of the morning I had still not had any sleep and was asked to pay for another night with my credit card or asked to leave the Hilton Hotel.

Yourholidays.com had completely washed their hands with me and was going to leave me and my girlfriend stranded in Jamica. Even though they had taken my money.

So I had to take action myself and made many expensive phone calls from my mobile to source money. I found out by making these calls that yourholidays passed this booking to 1 agent and this carried on to 4 agents!!! I had to sort this out myself which left me wasting 2 days of my holiday. Horrific stress and a massive financial cost with mobile phone bills and hotel room costs

The least yourholidays.com could of done at the time was to take responsibility and paid the hotel as they should of done in the first place as m invoice stated that i paid yourholidays.com to stay at the Hilton Hotel Jamaica and Instead they said it wasn’t there problem and washed their hands with me.

They didn’t even bother ringing around themselves to sortthe problem instead they left me to sort this situation!!

DO NOT BOOK A HOLIDAY WITH THIS COMPANY, YOU MAY SAVE A FEW POUNDS DOING SO BUT BELIVE ME IT’S NOT WORTH IT STAY AWAY. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY OFF YOU AND WHEN THINGS GO WRONG THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW.

If anyone from yourholidays.com would like to contact me please do on ianbutterworth123@yahoo.co.uk

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh