We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ras Mohammed OR Tiran Island

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire England
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Ras Mohammed OR Tiran Island

Hello

I am trevelling to Sharm @ the end of this month and would love to do a snorkelling excursion.

I am unsure to book an excursion to Ras Mohmmed or Tiran Island....which is best for snorkelling?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,009 posts
182 reviews
1. Re: Ras Mohammed OR Tiran Island

Hi,

Have doen the boat trip to Ras Mo but I don't snorkel. However, people whop have done both (& snorkelled) seem to prefer the Tiran Island one & repeat the trip when next in Sharm.

Regards

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,961 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Ras Mohammed OR Tiran Island

I'll endorse that, Tiran is the best boat trip, however the snorkelling at Ras Mohammad is super, but in my opinion best done from the land trip, you can then sea the beauty of the National Park as well. Visa needed for Ras Mohammad

Regards

barbarah

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Ras Mohammed OR Tiran Island

have done both trips with hubby who went snorkelling

went in myself first time 2 weeks ago and loved it.

hubby said Tiran Island is much better out of the 2

Cheshire England
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Ras Mohammed OR Tiran Island

Thank you very much for your replies....Im going to have a look at prices now :) x x

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: Ras Mohammed OR Tiran Island

really loved it,am not a strong swimmer ,got life jacket on went in was amazing.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Ras Mohammed OR Tiran Island

In my opinion Ras Mohamed is better for diving where Tiran is better for snorkeling. Was there last week and the snorkeling in Tiran was amazing. The sea is amazing at the moment due to not so many people in Sharm, therefore marine life not so timid to venture further from the reefs.

Enjoy

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,961 posts
50 reviews
7. Re: Ras Mohammed OR Tiran Island

Don't book before going, there are plenty of offices in Naama Bay offering this trip and you'll get a better deal when there. Look to paying £15-18 for a fiull day trip to Tiran inc lunch and all soft drinks, tea/coffee.

Regards

barbarah

8. Re: Ras Mohammed OR Tiran Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh