We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

Hi i know im probably being paranoid but ive just got round to reading all teh reviews starting with the negatives... there is a lot saying this hotels food hygiene is terrible and that you will catch a sickness bug....i am a poorly person and will be ill for weeks if i get ill so im very concerned...has anyone been to this hotel recently, if so can you tell me what the food hygiene is like and if the food is hot and not luke warm as stated... i know you cant please everyone but ive never been away on my own without my parents and i sooooo dont want to end up sick ...

Thanks in advance for any comments you can add :)

england
Level Contributor
267 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

did u read the poss reviews they are very good and its ranked number 1

england
Level Contributor
267 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

did u read the poss reviews they are very good and its ranked number 1

Preston
Level Contributor
174 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

Hi there, I'm booked to this hotel myself for the 1st two weeks of September and am not concerned at all.

I've just had a quick look at the 6 terrible reviews and the few poor ones, are all prior to 2009 apart from one in 2010. There's a reason this hotel is moving between 1st and 3rd position and that is the amount of Excellent reviews it has been getting, bear in mind these come from people travelling from all areas of the UK who all travel with differing expectations from there holidays and yet who the majority are praising this hotel.

I think we are all susceptible to sickness bugs on holiday and put it down to the food or water. However I always look at it in this way, the combination of the heat (dehydration) with different foods, alcohol etc can give even the hardest of constitutions a bad tummy for a day. Take the normal precautions that many talk about on these forums and you should be ok.

Most of all stop worrying and start looking forward to your hard earned holiday.

By the way when are you going?

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
4. Re: Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

Hi,

Firstly, please be aware that sickness is very common her in Egypt as it gets passed from person to person but if you prepare yourself before and stop it as soon as it begins you have no need to worry. There is a local tablet called antinol which is very effective at beating the dreaded stomach bug.

Secondly, please be aware that the majority of sickness is not caused through food hygiene. There are many other more significant factors which cause sickness including handling the money etc. Bring some sanitizer gel with you and you will be fine. Also be aware that dehydration, drinking cold drinks in the heat, a different routine and drinking different or more alcohol can effect you.

Lastly, the food here in Egypt is served at a lower temperate than we expect in the UK. This is the same story across Europe also and they find it strange that we eat food at such high temperatures. If you are worried, avoid high risk foods and ask the chef to heat food for you. Most hotels have microwaves to heat food in the restaurant.

The more you worry, the worse it will be! Please don't worry, just cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Enjoy your stay

lancs
Level Contributor
188 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

Hi I just returned last week myself and my two children were find but my wife did fall I'll for 3 days was this due to the food we will never no all,I can say is just be careful on the food you eat.You will find a microwave at the corner at the drinks bar if you need to heat up your food abit more also if you become I'll don't use the pharmacy next to union jack bar as they will rip you off ask the Thomson reps and they will get you a taxi to a pharmacy that will charge you the right price.A couple that went to the pharmacy near UJB was charged 38 Euros for 3 different pills we were charged 2.20 English pounds.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,010 posts
182 reviews
6. Re: Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

Hi,

Here are the tips re: upset tums:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297555-c141622/Sha…

Correct price for Antinal is 5LE for 12 pills (that's 50p) or 10LE for 24.

Sometimes they offer Stretoquin (about 3LE) too.

If you're a bit worried, buy some asap when there & keep it, just in case. If you're not standing there, with legs crossed, you have the time to walk away from any pharmacist who tries to rip you off & find one that won't.

Regards

London
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
1 review
7. Re: Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

IMHO if you are a really poorly person then maybe an AI hotel in Sharm is not the place to be. I would make sure you have your jabs before you go and that your triple is up to date, as they may afford some protection for you. Many people who are not poorly suffer in Sharm and so if you have a lower base line it might be more difficult for you. Perhaps you should take some advice from your GP often they will give you a script for an anti-biotic before you go and take the tablets with you in case you need it, also saves going round the chemists in a country you are unfamiliar with bartering for antinal or calling the Egyptian Doc who may charge what he feels he can get away with, if you look a bit desperate, as they know we claim it back on our Insurance, so their pricing structure seems a bit flexible.

Edited: 11:04 am, June 13, 2011
Bicester, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

Hi,

We always drink pro-biotic drinks atleast 2 months before going to an all inclusive hotel, we find this really helps, also when there try to have a pro-biotic yoghurt every morning if available

Thanks

Edited: 5:18 am, June 14, 2011
9. Re: Magic life Hygiene and negative reviwes..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh