We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wales UK
3 posts
Save Topic

Hi I am going to Hilton Sharks Bay Sharm el shiek on the 30th January for 7 days.

We will not be leaving Sharm - I understand that we do not need to pay $15 for a visa then - is this correct ?

If so, what do we do at the airport

Essex England
Level Contributor
170 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

see my reply to this question under the topic of the renaissance golden view hotel page 10 i think. if you don't want to get a visa at the airport you just turn right at the airport and go straight to passport control you will find you will get asked loads of times about the visa but if you keep repeating sini only you should be ok.

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

I have just got back from Sharm yesterday, stayed a week and at the airport, the tour reps tell you to queue to get a visa. We were given a choice as to whether we wanted a free visa which meant staying in Sharm only or pay $15 for a visa that allows you to leave Sharm. It's up to you but if you want to visit the Ras Mohammed national park (which is near Sharm) then they say you need a visa. It's not that much hassle and you can pay in UK pounds, think it was about 12 pounds.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor