We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Quad Biking Trip

Mansfield
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Private Quad Biking Trip

I will be staying at the Coral Sea in Oct and would like to book a private trip for 4 people. Anyone can recommend who to book this with please?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,928 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Quad Biking Trip

Hi,

Just shop around & ensure that you will be getting hard helmets. Plz also arrange risky sports ins for 250cc quads before you go as you won't get it over there & some have been caught out.....not just in Egypt but Tunisia & other places.

You will be spoilt for choice with people trying to sell you trips.

Regards

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,567 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Quad Biking Trip

If you turn left outside the Coral Sea and walk five minutes just opposite Macdonalds (on the same side of the road as The Coral Sea) you can book a private trip with Ramy at Falcon Tours. Their hut is just next to a hut called Primark.

Edited: 9:20 am, July 25, 2010
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Quad Biking Trip

i can recommend falcon too. been with them on quad biking trips 4 times. only have a small number of quad bikes. but if you tell him you need a private trip they will do that too....hope this helps

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Quad Biking Trip

My partner and I have just returned from our 3rd trip to Sharm, and have done all of our excursions with Sharm Club. They are very reliable and excellent value for money. We paid £25 each for 2 quads and had a fantastic evening, riding whilst watching the sunset over the Echo Valley mountains.

You can find Sharm Club on the internet. If you want to book the private trip, you have to book the quads as normal through the website, and then write in the requests that you would like to have a private tour for just the 4 of you. They will then email you confirming this, and send you an invoice for the private tour. You can pay by Egyptian Pounds or Pound Sterling when you get picked up for the trip.

Enjoy!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Quad Biking Trip

Got back home last friday, if you go onto the beach & go left you will come to a beach shack (outside Oriental Resort), they do parascending & watersports & will do you a private quad trip for £25 each

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,567 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Quad Biking Trip

Just an add on to Falcon the price they charge is £15 per quad and then an extra £15 for the private guide.

newport gwent
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Quad Biking Trip

we stayed at coral sea resort end may beginning june 2010 first choice were advertising trips for£39 per head, we shopped around outside our resort and found trips for £15.00 per head. we went with happy tours, but be carefull insurance isn`t included they tell you anything to sell you the trip. our chidren 10 & 12 yr olds had their own bikes, no helmets though, they gave you headscarves, we found out after minimum age was 16yrs. even though there was only 4 of us in the party, we were very well looked after, they were an hour late picking us up in a crouded minibus, even so the trip was great but be prepared to be hasled by bedouin camel owners for rides, and even though they say free tea at bedouin tent they pressure you to buy soft drinks and water at over inflated prices £4 per bottle `english` the trip itself well worth going on, it was one of the highlights of our holiday. passing through echo valley and watching the sunset. it`s left us with happy memories. i would recommend this trip but please be careful use common sence and shop around for deals.

Smith family South Wales

Derbys
Level Contributor
601 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Quad Biking Trip

Quadding always brings out a variety of opinions relating to what you should be aware of and the need for helmets and insurance etc

You pays your money and you takes your choice - if you want to pay upwards of £25 for a quad experience including hemets and insurance, go ahead but I would say that provided you stick to the usual common sense rules, they are not required and you are wasting your hard-earned cash

We pay £15 for a single and £17 for a double.

Re the problems at the bedouin stop, they do offer a bottle of water or coke first without mentioning that they will be back later demanding monies but just refuse to pay and if they persist, ask your guide to intervene and they will.Stick to your guns.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,928 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Quad Biking Trip

Hi Redlooney,

You're entitled to your opinion, obviously, as is everyone else, but people should make an informed choice so that they can pay a firm which will offer them helmets if they want & also arrange ins in the UK before they go. As I have said before, the quad / ins issue has featured on TV & wasn't just focusing on Egypt. Some couple in Tunisia were caught short, as it were, when the hubby came a cropper & it tends to run into thousands when there is a bad accident. It's like any ins, you don't need it till you need it. Many would not wish to take a chance with their children. I actually wouldn't want to take a chance with my own health.

I have seen several accidents which happen in the blink of an eye, including quads flipping. I have seen people hobbling round the airport as well.....some with burns from the exhausts. They didn't have huge hospital bills but they still had an accident.

One guy in Sharm, last yr, had his quead flip & it crushed his pelvis.....he had no ins & his hospital bill was horrendous. His passport was retained till the bill was sorted.

I was "blinded" by dust on the sunset trip & my wheels suddenly followed the wrong rut so that I zoomed over a dune. That was not really my fault....it was just an accident....thankfully, I didn't come off. "Sticky bum" due to years of horse riding maybe! I was very glad that I was wearing a helmet tho! The ground is pretty hard out there. I don't like to put a price on helath; what others do with their bodies / children, is up to them but I will continue to raise the points about helmets & ins.

Regards

Edited: 2:57 pm, August 08, 2010
10. Re: Private Quad Biking Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 05, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh