We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is better to do, Mount Sinai or Coured Canyon?

london
Level Contributor
216 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
What is better to do, Mount Sinai or Coured Canyon?

Which is a better experience Mount Sinai or the Coloured Canyon?

Thanks!

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,013 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is better to do, Mount Sinai or Coured Canyon?

Hi there

I'm afraid you can't compare the two, they are totally different experiences, so it really depends on what you are looking for, neither one is better, just different. Mount Sinai is far more strenuous and takes a lot longer, both are beautiful, in their own way. I prefered Mount Sinai, others might prefer the Coloured Canyon, others have said thet the White Canon is better than the Coloured Canyon, so I'm afraid it's subjective.

Regards

barbarah

london
Level Contributor
216 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is better to do, Mount Sinai or Coured Canyon?

Thanks for the reply Barbarah.

I am looking for lovely scenery and a unforgetable experience. The Mount Sinai climb attracted me because of the sunrise and the diff colours you witness. However, I don't know much about the coloured canyon.

Dudley, West...
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is better to do, Mount Sinai or Coured Canyon?

Have done the Mount Sinai trip and can say that it was truly amazing. Very hard work but well worth every step (the last 750 being the worst!!). If you do this trip then please descend the "hard way", over 3500 steps to the bottom and the views are just incredible, words cannot describe it!!

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Just a few pictures of this excellent trip!!

london
Level Contributor
216 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is better to do, Mount Sinai or Coured Canyon?

Wow thank you so much for posting, the pictures look amazing. My mind is definately swaying towards doing Mount Sinai over Coloured Canyon.

UK
Level Contributor
578 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is better to do, Mount Sinai or Coured Canyon?

Added bonus is St Catherine's Monastry.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,013 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is better to do, Mount Sinai or Coured Canyon?

Yes, don't come down the easy way (the way you go up) the scenery is far better coming down the hard way, it's also quicker! Don't wear any expensive jewellery when you climb - long story. No visa required, but you will need to take your passport with you.

Regards

barbarah

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,907 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is better to do, Mount Sinai or Coured Canyon?

Hi,

Have been to both but not climbed Mt Sinai.

Totally different sites & I really enjoyed both for their individuality.

I have only a few pics from the Coloured Canyon (like a mini-Petra) as I went before I had my digi camera, but lots from St Catherine's monastery & the environs.

C. Canyon:

Mount Sinai & St. Catherine’s Monastery (didn’t climb mountain due to ankle injury)

Regards

8. Re: What is better to do, Mount Sinai or Coured Canyon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh