We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duty free!!!

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
duty free!!!

Does anyone know what the Duty Free shop is like at the airort, we are flying from Manchesther on the 4th Aug and not sure if I should wait to but B & H Cigs until we get out there, any ideas.....and how strict are customs with quantities, etc.

Cheshireblue

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duty free!!!

i bought on plane alchohol on way over not sure bout ciggies i gave them up.

i did try to get some for friend on way home couple years ago and there wasnt much choice.

they have improved at sharm but not sure.

dont know how strict never came across any problems.

m

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: duty free!!!

where you staying at????

m

Sharm EL Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: duty free!!!

there is duty free shop in old market and another one in neama bay but u have to show them ur passport to buy

wait to meet u my frined

England
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: duty free!!!

Sharm Duty free on the way out was quite good cigarettes were about 16 us dollars for 200. I dont smoke so am unsure on how much you can bring back etc.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: duty free!!!

mamado, im a bit picky what i smoke, do they have embassy regal,(blue packet) in duty free shop in sharm or am i better buying from airport on way out. also is toblerone allright you chocy hound you, or do u like bitter choc? whats best way of stopping it from melting. Cu

Sharm EL Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: duty free!!!

thank u MLT i love all chcooalte:) but about cigarets i smok shisha but when u come i'll join u to 2 duty free shops and may be u can find what u want

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: duty free!!!

Got back 20th July.

Shop at airport has a fair range of cigs, drink and perfumes. All prices are in us dollars. B&H work out to about 9 GBP as do silk cut, malborogh etc. We found L&M which are very similar to B&H and these were 5USD which is only 3.50GBP per carton !!!! We bought well over the limit (200 each) and were prepared to take the customs gamble which we won!!

Beware of cheap cigs in Naarma - got caught out on Superkings -paid 100EP and smoked only 3 out of 200. They were well dodgy and evil. Suggest buy at supermarkets in Naarma or hotel and expect to pay about 1.00GPB per pack.

Perfumes at airport were not much cheaper than buying at boots - about 40GBP for Chanel etc as you can normally get good promos in Boots etc.

The food at airport is limited and very pricey so if in for a long wait might be wise to take some rations with you. Airport in and out was very organised and not like the scrum I was expecting. There is a kiosk by baggage that sells cheap good cigs but can't remember prices.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: duty free!!!

Went into Airport Duty Free on the way home from egypt and was quite impressed with the selection on offer.We bought 1Litre of Stoli Vodka for $12US and 1L of Gordons for $16US.They take Dollars,Pounds,Euros(i think) and LEgyptian but they don't take Credit Cards so make sure you keep enough cash.We bought ciggies on the Thomson flight home as well.The cost was 15 pounds for 200 or 20 quid for 400.Hope this helps you out.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh