We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

curency

cheshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
curency

Family of three going to Sharm in August, first timers, not sure which curency to take,sterling, dollers of egyptian pounds, travellers cheques or a mixture of all.

gatwick
Level Contributor
524 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: curency

we will be taking some us$-( especially if you are going to get a visa if going outside of sinai as it is 15USD or£15 sterling!!-) and sterling, the exchange rate is better out there. also try to get some low dollar bills for tips on arrival at hotel.

all good tips recieved through the knowledgable folks of this forum. check the 'sticky' thread for 1st timers by 'neph' at the top of the forum page-the no1 guru!!

where are you staying?

trea

cheshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: curency

We fly out of Manchester on the 21st August, staying at the Sol Sharm for 14nites. Can't waite but a bit ankious as there is more to consider than going to Europe, husband not the most adventurous traveler.

gatwick
Level Contributor
524 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: curency

my hubby opposite, before we got married, h'ed travelled though africa, cambodia, vietnam etc so sharm is a walk in the park to him!

within the hotels it is not far off everywhere else.

outside it is the hastle to look in their shops and buy. as i said read the posts by nephyths also there is one about timeshare worth reading.

if it wasn't a great place and the majority of the people great no body would ever go back and there are so many that do go every year- it is their culture and the way they make a living -ave wages are about £30/mth i think-

i am sure that you will have a great time-the thing to be more aware of than anything is the sun/heat..esp as we havent had any in uk this year...apart from that day back in febLOL

cheshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: curency

Thanks for that sure will havemore queries the nearer it gets to traveling.

5. Re: curency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, October 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh