We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how safe is sharm

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
livingston scotland
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
how safe is sharm

my nerves are getting the better of me is there a lot of security in sharm?

Sharm EL Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how safe is sharm

u r welcome to my city

and now im in cairo with my scotich frineds from glasgow and they feel safe here and also my friends in sharm so u dont worry as police every where guarde u

mramadan4242@yahoo.com

London
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how safe is sharm

There is a lot of security in Sharm, I live in and work in central London and so know that there is no such thing as 100% safe.

There are metal detectors in all the hotels and some of the restaurants.

Sharm isn't as popular with the Israelis as Taba, for example, is because it's not right on the border. This for starters makes it a lot safer.

Relax and enjoy your holiday, bad things happen in Egypt and the U.K. - there's no way of knowing where and when but Sharm seemed to me to be a really safe, relaxing and happy place.

Remember, the businesses there are really trying to make the resort take off, it's in their best interests to make sure nothing happens.

livingston scotland
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how safe is sharm

thanks mamodo and sweep im sure we will enjoy ourselfs my boyfriend worries about nothing he takes it all in his stride i make up for the both of us when it comes to worrying

thanks again

Sharm EL Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how safe is sharm

look my frined as it old u i have now in egypt scotich frined and give me ur emaila nd wil let them contcat u in scotland to see how much safe specially when i was with them :)

so dont worry and im sure u gonna enjoy

wish see u in sharm

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh