We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private boat trip

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Private boat trip

I'd like to organise some sort of boat trip for my boyfriend's birthday (for just the 2 of us), possibly with a stop for snorkelling and drinks on board. Has anyone done anything like this before, or know where I could get some information about it?

Sarah

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private boat trip

im sure youll be able to do it just ask at one of the excursion offices or outlets

i dont suppose they care how many people go so long as they get the money

and as you know in sharm money talks

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private boat trip

Lol, hotrock, you're right, money does make things happen in Sharm. It'd be nice to try and organise it in advance so that I can surprise him on the day. I think I'll email Longwood and have a look on the internet to see if I can get it organised.

Sarah

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private boat trip

very romantic

have a good one

Ash
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private boat trip

Hi sarah

Might cost a fortune through Longwood.

Try Sharm Club, you can book in advance with then and they are cheaper.

Otherwise do it when you get there, you will soon be able to organise something pretty quick

Paul

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private boat trip

Great, thanks for that. I'll try Sharm Club. I think I'll send Fayed Travel an email too, and search the forum for other trip providers and just drop them an email and see if they can do it.

I'm sure I could probably get it cheaper locally, but it would really take the surprise/romantic element out of it if on the first day of our holiday I have to drag him round all the excursion places finding the cheapest place for his birthday present!

I've also sent an email to Emperor Divers as I saw that someone on another site used them for a similar thing.

Thanks again

Sarah

Pontefract
Level Contributor
281 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private boat trip

Hi

Sun and Fun do private boat trips, they,ve got prices on their website, but I am sure you could haggle them down, they have several offices along the beach in Naama Bay. www.sunnfunsinai.com

north wales
Level Contributor
175 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private boat trip

Hey Sarah,

Looks im in the same boat as you!

Its my boyfriends Birthday on the 3rd of June, as i have an exam that day wev decided to celebrate it on Holiday..we get there on thre evening of the 5th (June) so would love to suprise him with something like a private boat trip..maybe do it on the 6th?

Noticed you have done some research..have you been sucsessful in finding anything.. Would be very grateful if you could share what youve found and tell me how i could go about arranging it?

Hope you and your boyfriend have a wonderful time!

Thanks x

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private boat trip

Hi guys,

Paul - you were right about Longwood - $700 dollars, or £375. A bit over the top I think. Unfortunately Sharm Club's website is playing games so I can't get to the contact us button, but will keep trying.

Jay184 - you're right about sun n fun - their website quotes $275 dollars plus 25LE per person for lunch etc which doesn't seem too bad - the only problem is I've had a bad experience with them in the past, but having said that if they're the cheapest then I'll have to go with them - they are widely used and advertised so sure my experience was a one-off.

Haylie - funny that you should be doing the same. Charm of Sharm have quoted £275 for the boat trip of £100 for private camel trip, quad bikes and bedouin meal. not really up for that though.

Emperor can't do it as it's their busy season. So that's as far as I've got. Going to mail Sun n Fun and see if I can haggle them down a bit. I was thinking I'd be willing to pay around £50-£60pp max so might be able to get them down.

I'll keep you updated,

Sarah

north wales
Level Contributor
175 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private boat trip

That sounds great sarah.. I was thinkin around £50 myself so if u can keep me updated we shud be onto someting!Thanks x

England
Level Contributor
123 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private boat trip

Hi,

I just aw someone mention funsunsinai, which is a website I have been looking at regarding parasailing. Are the prices 'negotiable' there, or are they 'set' with no room for haggling. I just don't want to look silly haggling when they have a price list.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh