We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in Sharm

Cheltenham, UK
1 post
Save Topic
Diving in Sharm

Staying at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls in March 2005. Does anyone know what the onsite diving centre is like? Alternatively what other diving centre would people recommend?

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in Sharm

Red Sea Diving College in Naama bay, excxellent, friendly and professional, dived with them in 2003.

Norwich, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in Sharm

I have just got back from the Grand Sharm which is very near to your hotel. At the Grand Sharm we had our own dive centre called Camel Dive. They were Ace. A mixture of Egyptian, English and German staff but all very professional. I hadn't dived for 3 years and rather than take my money and say "yeah you'll be fine" they discussed an refresher course and an intro dive. I felt very safe with them and their attention to detail was impressive. There are loads of dive places around, some look well dodgy but i have also heard good reports on Empuorer Dive. Hope you have a great time, I did. The weather was bliss. One day of cloud out of 14, can't be bad!

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving in Sharm

the excursions set up by thomas cook are fantastic, see if you get acess to their "camal diving club". It cost me about $85 and it was absolutely worth it!!!

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question
Subury UK
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving in Sharm

when are you going out? the wife and I fly out on the 10th of March. I too am looking for a good dive club, I am waiting for emails back from Camel, however I have quotes from Sinai divers and dive Africa, am happy to share info with you if you want?

We are staying in the LTI Grand resort in Nabq bay.

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving in Sharm

Just came from a second trip to Sharm in less than a year. Last year I tried Mr Drivers, there were mainly Italian but very professional. This year However, I tried Divers International , they have few locations around Sharm. It was very good actually, smaller number of people compared to last year and they are all expereinced divers , so no one finished his air very early.. if you know what I mean. As for the prices, I think they are all about the same. Divers International were mainly Dutch, French and some Egyptians..

Make sure you get a 5 mm at least, this year the water is much colder (It was Dec).. good luck..

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh