We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sonesta beach resort

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
isle of wight
Level Contributor
324 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
sonesta beach resort

Im staying at the sonesta beach resort on 23rd June.

I just would like to know if anyone on here has stayed there and can tell me what it is like.

Ive read some reviews and most of them were good, a few not so!

I believe there is a kids club........is this free?

Also the air conditioning in the rooms....again, is this free?

And again sattalite TV ?

The only reason I ask is, that when I went to Turkey last year these three things were included in our holiday.

But when we arrived we found out all these things had to be paid for..........

Kids club....��10 per week

Sattalite Tv ��10 per wek

Air-con ��30 per week

An extra ��100 on top of what you have already paid (and thought you had already paid for) A bit of a rip off

If anyone can help me out Id be grateful

Cheers

loe
hampshire
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: sonesta beach resort

We went there last January and had a ball. It was 70 - 80 degrees so we didn't need to use air con although it was in the room. As far as I could tell there was no charge. There was sat TV with limited english channels. Don't know about kids club as one of mine was with me and she is 23! The complex was really nice and large. We used the tennis courts regularly but they are a stickler for times, so if you book if for five pm get there at 5.

We had one episode with some cockroaches, which was not down to dirty apartments in any way, and I must say the service staff were horrified and fumigated our room immediatley. It seemed to be an isolated incident.

My husband however did get bit by a number of mosquitoes. This seems to be a problem with the entire area. The greenery which is planted everywhere seems to be a haven for the mosys. they do fumigate (which is a bit smelly). he found the only way for him was to wear long trousers at night. i on the other hand did not get bit once.

I would definately go back there again. Breakfast is a bit of a free for all, but there is plenty of food so long as you get in before the rush.

Great people hope to return to sonesta beach next feb.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
324 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sonesta beach resort

Hi Loe,

Thanks for your reply.

You sound like you and your family had a good time.

To me friendly staff make all the difference.

Not too bothered about the tennis......in that heat!

As long as kids club is good and the place is clean and friendly I will be happy.

One question....is it easy to get sunbeds round the pool or the beach....or do we really have to be up at 6:30 in the morning to beat the Germans and the Italians?

Ive read different reviews and a lot of them have mentioned this! We are going 23rd June/7th July so I can imagine this is going to be a very busy period...

Thanks for you input, and anymore tips would be great if you have them ..............Fitz

Essex England
Level Contributor
161 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sonesta beach resort

fitz. we stayed at the sister hotel across the road the sonesta club over xmas.

we used the beach at the sonesta beach hotel. we would get there about 10 am and had no problems getting a space or sunloungers and there were 7 of us. by midday you would have been pushed to get a lounger.

we only saw one of the pools ( the one by the open air buffet bar ) sometimes there wasn't a single person here. great or what!

i loved the snorkeling here you could either walk out to the reef from the jetty or walk straight out from the beach.

enjoy your stay we did. medot.xx

isle of wight
Level Contributor
324 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sonesta beach resort

Hey Merdot,

Thanks for the info on the Sonesta Beach.

Id love to have that pool to myself....what a dream!

I was thinking that July would be really busy you see.

But I suppose When you went it was just as busy.

Is the beach safe for kids, as we will have two 5 year olds with us?

I cant wait to get to get out there and have the time of my life.

Once again THANKS X

Essex England
Level Contributor
161 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sonesta beach resort

fitz.

our friends went in august last year and because it was hot, hot, hot there wasn't too many people about.

because the beach at the sonesta hotel is at the far end of naame bay there are some terrances here. we always sat up there only because we didn't want to be right on the main beach.

the sand isn't a great bucket and spade job. but there were plenty of young children near the waters edge who were trying to build something! and the children will be able to paddle easily here and see some small fish at the same time. medot.xx

isle of wight
Level Contributor
324 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sonesta beach resort

Medot,

Thanks for your reply.

Its nice to know the beach is pretty safe for the kids.

We will probably use the kids pool a lot, but I would like for the kids to see the fish if they arent too freaked out by them!

Im saying kids.........really I mean me...lol

Is it true that some of the fish come right up to your face and just look at you?

Also Ive heard about sea urchins/anenamies(wotever they are)

Do you really have to look out for these little horrors at the Sonesta Beach?

Ive got the kids protective beach shoes just incase.

Thanks again for you help

Fitz x

Essex England
Level Contributor
161 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sonesta beach resort

fitz.

those sea urchins can be anywhere. we saw some on the coral at the sonesta but they were quite far down in the water.

i'll be honest we have bought some beach shoes for our next trip to sharm as my husband cut his foot, possibly on some coral or rock, whilst he was swimming.

the first time i went swimming the fish seemed to be attracted to my orange swimming costume!!! perhaps they thought i was a very large nemo!! the fish seemed to mind their own business which was fine by me as some can give a nasty sting if annoyed. medot.xx

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh