We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

Devon
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

Have just booked a stay at this hotel in November and a little apprehensive as it is under construction and due to open in October. It is on Om El Sid Hill next to Iberotel Grand Sharm and if anyone is staying in that area soon I will really appreciate an update on progress. Anyone else booked into this hotel?

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

Diamond beach is also the beach used by the guests at the Sharming inn so they should also know the state of play reguards the calimera.

notts
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

we too are just thinking of booking this for the 4th November

Are hotels in Sharm usually ready in time??

The pictures look really good and it looks finished but is that to say it will be fully operational??

Lynda

coventry
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

Hi lynloo

I would advise not to book any hotel within the first 3 months of opening as the holiday village fiasco proved !

Play it safe and go to one with good reviews that is already established.

scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

thinking of booking this hotel in November but like you am worried about completion have you heard anything yet?

The Hague, The...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

We have also booked a stay at the hotel on november 9th. And are looking for people that have been there.

We are from the netherlands.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

Well we have booked for the 23rd November 07. I got a good price so I'll take a chance. With everyone posting reviews on the net they will need to take customer satifaction seriously. If I hear a bad review I just book something else. I have booked a delux sea view room. I'll post on my return.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

Have just booked for next March, let me know how you get on please.

Devon
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

Hi Anyone travelling to the Calimera Royal Diamond. Don't Worry! Have just returned from a great holiday there. Despite the resort being unfinished, we were not in the least disturbed by building works, which are mainly at the rear of the resort but best to ask for rooms on level 1 or 2 if possible, (level one have terraces and two balconies) with pool and sea view. If sun worshipper, use beds on the left hand side facing the sea, right side shaded earlier. Not all facilities available on 29 November when we left but work continues apace and were opening daily. The food excellent but beware the fish it can be undercooked and caused a me few problems. Rooms are well furnished and beds comfortable, a few slight hicupps which were sorted out promptly by the very efficient staff. Snorkelling great off the hotel pontoon, weather was very warm during the day but light jacket, wrap or cardigan needed if you want to eat out on the terrace in the evening. Gin and tonics very good and generous measures of all spirits and coctails. All the wine was drinkable by Egyptian standards, the red being the best. Shopping area within ten minutes walk, if you can stand the hastle! best to wear comfortable shoes a bit rough in places. Naama Bay 15 minute taxi ride you will find reasonable taxis outside reception the the left. Visited old Sharm and found it very tacky, opinion of all five. Reliable travelling ATM every evening in hotel forecourt with staff member to help. As soon as you enter arrivals building look to your left and buy your visa there £10 and go quickly to immigration queue or you will have a long wait. Arranged our own taxi back to airport but ensure which terminal you need, were were dropped off at 1 and had a 10 minute walk to two. Take food and drink to airport in case of delays - expensive airside. Hope this is helpful if anyone would like further info, I will be quite happy to answer messages. Hope you enjoy as much as we did. HJay

scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

hi hjay devon could you tell mw how far to shops and bars outside the hotel walking slowley. and do thay serve drinks at the bar in glasses or plastic containers? is it easy to get down to the beach and back or is it quite steep on the way back .do thay have snacks and things on the beach. i would realy appreciate a reply to these questions and any thing else you think you ma be helpfull thank you cherx

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Calimera Royal Diamond Beach - will it be finished??

Dont forget,you only need to purchase the visa if you plan on going on trips outside of the Sinai peninsula(IE,Ras mo,luxor,cairo etc).

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh