We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amar Sina Hotel

Essex
3 posts
Save Topic
Amar Sina Hotel

I will be staying at this hoel in 5 weeks time -has anyone stayed here and can give me any tips?

Also I am wanting to see the pyramids.. what is the best method of getting there which won't cost a fortune!??

Thank and look forward to any replies.

Melissa

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amar Sina Hotel

hi melissa, stayed at amir sina 7/3/05-21/3/05

its located in hadaba ras um sid. ten min taxi ride from naama bay free shuttle bus or 2 to 3 pounds sterling taxi. we had a great time at this hotel and there were about ten english couples we met over the fortnight and no complaints. its not a five star hotel but we did not pay five star prices. it has a good pool and bars the staff were very freindly.the hotel is clean and laundry changed daily. the food is typical egyptian hotel cooked some great some not so good. eating out at naam is really cheap. "tips" take hotel bus to amir sina private beach

at end of fanar rd, dont go down steps to the right but carry on the rd bus drops u at lighthouse and go to fanar private beach instead costs u 4 puonds sterling but well worth it. do take a good mosquito repelant and apply first night and plug in electric room

repelant we did see some people suffer after first night do not waste ur holiday. check yahoo weather egypt-sharm el sheikh

before u go. sorry cant help with pyramids went for the snorkling and was not dissapointed. "search"

hotel amir sina sharrm el sheikh and look for maps sina, have a great time contact me if u require more ttfn

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amar Sina Hotel

I was just reading your question and I will also be going to Amar sina in about 7 weeks. Maybe you can give me some tips once you come back. I know that for the pyramids you will have to get a plane to Cairo or travel for about 1day or more. There is a realy god site with some tips about Sharm www.virtualtourism.com and also have a look at www.holidaywatchdog.com for reviews. Hope to hear from you and any one else that haves information on the hotel and also the resort.

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amar Sina Hotel

I looked in a site and found out the that the actual traveling time to Cairo is about 6 to 7 hours, might not want to go there after what happend yesterday!!!! I'm felling abit worried after that it's the second time in the pass 5 months.

Essex
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amar Sina Hotel

Thanks everyone for your replies, I will let you know any tips when i get back!!

What happened twice in the last 5 months in Cairo?? I didnt'[ hear anything!!??

Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amar Sina Hotel

There was a terrorist attact last week in a tourist attraction in Cairo (killed 2 tourist and 18 injured) In October the attact in the Hilton Hotel killed arround 34people most of them tourists.

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amar Sina Hotel

Hey Melisa !!!

Once you are back pleas let me know what the hotel was like? The location? The food etc.....

Thank you very much

Essex
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Amar Sina Hotel

Hello..

OK I am back and very tanned - weather was amazing. Ranged from 30 to 48 degrees!!! - Don't forget your sun tan lotion!!

Anyway, Anar Sima was fine. Honestly, we really enjoyed our stay there. The cab driver did laugh when i said Anar Sima please, but when we got there we didn't think it was that bad on first impressions. It has a good size pool, and 2 bars, if you are all inclusive you have a card which you have to show everytime you order a drink. (bit annoying)

Breakfast is serverd from 7.30am i think till 10am. It has orange and some other juice (not fresh) you have to pay for any fresh juices and cocktails. We didn't tho as we are cheap skates, we just had water! There is Cereal, cakes, coissants, bread sticks, cheeses, meats, omlettes, pancakes, tomatoes with melted cheese, hard bolied eggs and other bits. Also tea and coffee.

Lunch was from 12 - 3pm. Usually salad, bread, chips, chicken stir fry, lots of vegetables, rice.

Dinner was from 7.30pm Buffet style, they lay all the food out by the pool and you just go up and help yourself. Food was really good. They have a massive salad selection, rice, potatoes, some fried fish or chicken, also had pasta and lasange, & sheperds pie. -All in all the food was great!!

DO NOT have ice in your drinks as everyone who visits Egypt from the UK has bad stomache problems for 2 days. And i think it is the ice.

The Bedrooms are fine, have a good size bathroom, although the shower is a bit crappy, the water sometimes doesn't come out very fast, but it is OK. The beds are pretty hard, but me and my friend slep really well.

I didn't get a safe at reception, just locked money away in suit case - nothing was stollen.

The entertainment in the enevning is so funny!! you will see!

Bring some CD's and get Marco to put them on around the pool as the music is really bad!!!

Tell Marco - melissa from england said hello.

The local beach - Farnar beach, you can get the free bus at 10am, 10.45am. First impressions... i thought it was horrible... we were given sun beds in the sea as there was none left on the sand. Anyway, after spending the day there, i actually staretd to really like our beach, buy some snorkells from the local shop at the hotel and do it, it's fantastic. There are jelly fish which i am extremely scared of but they do not sting, and people were picking them up and everything. The fish were gorgeous. If you swin out quite far you can go to the reef (i didn't do this as i was too scared) apparently the fish there are amazing and not to be missed.

Narma Bay - don't pay more than 20 egyption pounds to get there in a cab, and don't settle for 25 or 30. there are lots of egyption bars and you can smoke the sheesha pipe.

All the shops sell all the same stuff.

I recommend going to the jewelry shop at the hotel and the boy called Ali makes all the jewelry there i bought 3 rings. he cleans them all up as they look a bit dirty and mine are gleaming now. - (Please say hello to Ali from me also - he is very sweet).

Narma Beach - lined with all the nice hotels and you have to pay 25 egyption pounds to use a sun bed and get a towel. which is 2.50 english. quite a nice beach but to be honest for less hassle and to save money i would say just do the local hotel beach.

At the hotel you need to get the sun beds - latest by 9.30am as there are not many to go round. There is a guy who wears white t-shirt and shorts who gets sun beds for you and gives you a towel if you ask.

At night it is really nice to walk inform on the hotels on the beach on Narma Bay, quite romantic.

There is a club called Pasha, apparently 15-25 english pounds to go there tho. Little Budda bar was really good. Nothing starts getting busy till 12am. Hard rock cafe - marco at hotel got us to go and we paid 5 ponuds but it wasn't our thing so left pretty soon.

There is a party every Friday night in the desert called -Dolce Vita. It was 16 ponuds and was pretty good, has a big swimming pool there and everyone is dancing. I booked it through the hotel. Speak to marc if you want to go. you get transfers too. they sting you on drinks tho at 6pounds a drink but you do get a free one.

Not really a lot more i can say... other than hope this information has helped you and have a great holiday!!!

Melissa

8. Re: Amar Sina Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:51 am, May 26, 2005
London
Level Contributor
20 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amar Sina Hotel

Hey Melissa!!!!

Thank you so much for all the tips. I feel much better now. I will let you now how my time was.....ok !!

Thank you once again

Talita

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amar Sina Hotel

By the way , did you go to Cairo????

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh