We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nakhil inn snorkeling

cairo
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Nakhil inn snorkeling

I am thinking to go to Nuweiba in november. I read many people talking about how good the house coral of Nakhil Inn, what I want to know is how big the house coral is there? I mean for example 30minutes is enough or bigger or so ? Is it shallow or deep? What about fish, are they typical of Sinai red sea(Sharm el Sheikh or so) such as Butterfly fish and so and so or is it possible to see something special ?

Also Is Devils head interesting to visit for snorkeling?

Thanks.

florida
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nakhil inn snorkeling

A couple of palm strokes away from the beach at the Bawiki camp, experience a beautiful dive among amazing corals and colourful reef fish species. The Bawiki dive site is also the wreckage site of an old fishing boat. Sadly, the boat’s parts have been taken away by the water currents, but you can still see the remaining boat engine.

The Bawiki dive is a deep one that has to be well prepared. It is thus only advised for experienced divers.

Depth: 5-40m

=================================

After a 30 minutes drive, heading north from Nuweiba, you’ll reach the Bedouin camp from where you can easily access the Devil’s Head diving site: a couple of palm strokes away from the shore, you’ll discover a maze of underwater mountains, canyons, caves and plateaus, but also an incredibly rich ecosystem of hard corals, octopus, puffer fish, moon groupers, and most of all, anemones of all colours, including red, green and purple. You’ll be blown away by the scenic and – more importantly – greatly preserved landscape.

Due to the technical skills needed to dive the site, the Devil’s Head is only advised for experienced divers.

Depth: 12-40m

================================

Straight off the beach at the Hilton Hotel in Nuweiba, you’ll find the famous Abu Lou Lou reef, also referred to as the Hilton House Reef. It is known for the incredible richness of marine life, including stonefish, turtles, and lionfish, a fact that led some divers to nickname it the “lionfish city.” The amazement you’ll experience at Abu Lou Lou is indescribable, since the amount of underwater species you’ll spot down there exceeds by far what you might have already seen while diving in more popular Red Sea reefs, which tend to be a lot busier. Some divers had had the chance to encounter a friendly dolphin who pays a visit from time to time.

Abu Lou Lou is also a great night dive, and a particularly enjoyable snorkelling location.

You don’t have to be a Hilton guest to be able to dive this reef, contact your hotel’s dive operator or any Nuweiba operator to organize a dive at Abu Lou Lou.

Depth: 2-20 m

Visibility: 15-25 m

=================================

Located at only 5 km to the north of Nuweiba, the Um Um Raicher reef is a blessing for diving beginners. The shallow reef is easy to access from shore, and easy to dive. It is incredibly rich with marine life. Before reaching the reef you’ll swim over an area of sea grass and pinnacles, only to find yourself facing a reef at the end of the road. The two reef walls are punctuated by crevices and chimneys where you’re most likely to find interesting inhabitants, such as octopus, cuttlefish and other reef fish species. Pelagic fish, such as barracudas, can also be spotted around the walls, where they come to feed on smaller species.

=============================

if you need to organize a trip

Check it out I personally dealt with were excellent and cheap

http://www.egypttourspackages.com/

Or communicate on mile: reservation@marvelousegypttravel.com

florida
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nakhil inn snorkeling

from where are you ?

cairo
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nakhil inn snorkeling

Thanks for info but I am NOT a diver, I only snorkel. I wanted to know about snorkeling in Nuweiba. Thanks.

northwest
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nakhil inn snorkeling

The snorkeling off Nakhil beach is really good ...............the way out to the reef is marked by buoys, it is close enough to swim to but the hotel provides free kayaks ( along with free snorkels,fins beach shoes, snorkel jackets etc ). I, too am not a strong swimmer but I take a kayak out to one of the bouys and snorkel from there .The corals and fishes are amazing, there is also a coral garden .

Samer and Elena will take you out and show you exactly where to go but you can spend as long as you want out there, just exploring, there is loads to see..............but the best time to snorkel is either early in the morning or late afternoon .

I just love being at Nakhil and hope you will enjoy as much as me . IMO it's one of the best places to stay in Nuweiba !

cairo
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nakhil inn snorkeling

Hello doe1Northwest

Thanks very much, It sounds good.

May I ask some questions. Is it shallow there or deep ? (how many meters deep if you could remember?)

Also Big area of corals or small area? I went to Nuweiba several times before to see the desert but I never stayed at Nakhil Inn and I never snorkeled in Nuweiba.

6. Re: Nakhil inn snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 24, 2013