We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Aqaba

Which Nuweiba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Longford, Ireland
13 posts
Save Topic
Ferry to Aqaba

we arrive in nuweiba on fri 4th May and intend to go to Jordan..any advice.

we are coming from st catherine...any advice.

we are going to spend 5/6 days in jordan and then going to isreal...any advice would be great..pat.

1. Re: Ferry to Aqaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:01 am, November 19, 2012
Nuweiba and Taba
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Aqaba

The latest news is that tourists travelling from St Catherine are required to travel in a convoy. These times are, amongst others, 1.30 p.m., 3.30 p.m. , 8 p.m. and 10.30 p.m. but may change so check when you arrive in St Catherine.

You can take the ferry from Nuweiba Port to Aqaba. Either the normal service operated by Ab Maritime of which details are here... http://www.abmaritime.com.jo/ or the tourist line service operated by Meenagate, ( email them at info@meenagate.com for the information sheet ).

Longford, Ireland
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Aqaba

Thanks for reply...i Will use tourist ferry

Saint Catherine...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Aqaba

I don't understand... why would you use the ferry if you can go by land? Do you like ferries? :-)

PS, just got back to St. Catherine today from Cairo... no sign of any convoys.

Edited: 6:06 pm, April 08, 2012
Longford, Ireland
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to Aqaba

Thanks for reply..

no i don't have a preference for the ferry. I just need to get to Jordan.and see the main sites and then travel to Israel where we fly from tel aviv home to Ireland on 12 May

Nuweiba and Taba
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry to Aqaba

The ferry is a nice option - once aboard. The customs and immigration procedures are rather haywire and cause delays and thus aggravation but the trip itself is pleasant. The tourist line service has less delays and is more punctual than the regular service.

However, if you want to economise, travelling through the East Delta bus to Taba and then going through Eilat will be cheaper, as CE points out.

And if you are not planning to stay in Nuweiba for a bit then you might as well take a taxi or minibus from St Catherine to Taba border.

Hi CE... is the Ras Sudr - St Catherine road now open ? The convoys are in place coming from St Catherine, ( but maybe not going to St Catherine ) but it would be nice if you can clarify if the Bedouin Bus has to travel by convoy or not.

Longford, Ireland
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry to Aqaba

Thanks for reply..

no i don't have a preference for the ferry. I just need to get to Jordan.and see the main sites and then travel to Israel where we fly from tel aviv home to Ireland on 12 May

Thanks again .

we don't intend to stay in Neweaba.

if it easier and as cheap to travel by taxi from st Catherine to Jordan even though we Will have 2 border to cross.that would be great ..any idea of cost of taxi. Pat c

8. Re: Ferry to Aqaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:01 am, November 19, 2012
Longford, Ireland
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry to Aqaba

Thanks for reply..

Thanks again .

we don't intend to stay in Neweaba.

if it easier and as cheap to travel by taxi from st Catherine to Jordan even though we Will have 2 border to cross.that would be great ..any idea of cost of taxi. Pat c

Thanks again.

Could you tell me them prices in dollars so i can compare .

Is this the easiest way to Jordan .

Saint Catherine...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry to Aqaba

400LE = US$ 66 for the taxi

5 US$ = US$ 5

98NIS = US$ 26 p.p.

5JD = US$ 7 for the taxi

Grand total of US$ 130 (approximately)