We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

As a regular traveller to Egypt & Makadi Bay could anyone please tell me what the current situation is like at the hotels/resorts?

Ive heard about hotel & restaurant closures, low occupancy levels etc, etc so be glad to hear from recent travellers to all Makadi Bay hotels.

Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

Makadi bay is empty only 3 -4 hotels open if going Stella Makadi don't bother all hotel got food poisoning couldn't wait get home. While we were there 83 hotels were closed

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

Arrived back from Fort Arabesque on Wednesday after having an amazing time. Speaking to people who have been there a few times and it seems that the hotel was running at about 40% occupancy. The East Wing was closed and everybody was staying in the West Wing and Villas.

Heard a few stories that a couple of hotels across the other side of the bay were closed, but it looked like the hotels next to ours on the north side of the bay were open. To be honest, we loved the peace and quiet and after hearing how busy the beaches can get during peak season, we were lucky to go when we did!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

There are not 83 hotels closed in Hurghada. There were around 86 closed in total in the Red Sea, this includes Hurghada, Makadi, Sharm, Taba, Marsa Alam and the other resorts.

Things will start opening up again now anyway as some other nationalities are about to resume flying.

Castleford
Level Contributor
270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

Hi Warren, we arrived back from the Sunrise Select Royal Makadi Resort on Saturday morning and have had a fantastic holiday as per usual. Some hotels are closed and occupancy levels are low in all the hotels which are still open, but this just results in increased level of service from the already high standard at our hotel. The airport was also very quiet which was brilliant for us arriving and leaving but as Lesley says, the other European nations are starting to allow flights to resume to Hurghada and hopefully for all concerned, things will start to get back to some kind of normality. There were no hassles whatsoever from arriving at Hurghada Airport to leaving again at the end of our vacation. Anyone about to go or contemplating booking a holiday to this resort, I would say go for it and there are some fantastic bargain prices to be had for anyone booking for the next few months :-)

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

Anyone been to fun city makadi bay in the last couple of weeks or going ?? We're due to fly out Tuesday and after reading recent reports are a little unsure

I know everyone's opinions are different and I'm pretty easy going as long as its hot and a pool for the kids lol

Unfortunately though even if I wanted to change I could not spend the £600 needed anyway

Just trying to get a few more views before Tuesday 😊

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

Thanks for all your comments its very much appreciated. Hope things get back to normal asap.

Can people still continue to leave updates.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

I have been told that other nations are now resuming flights to Egypt, is this true?

Castleford
Level Contributor
270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

Yes

UK
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

Hi there, we are thinking of going next week, Are all the restaurants in the hotel open and operating? Cheers Jonny

UK
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Have you just returned from Makadi Bay?

Hi there, we are thinking of going next week, Are all the restaurants in the hotel open and operating? Cheers Jonny