We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

We are somewhat confused about the prices and how to obtain a visa for our trip to this resort and would be pleased to receive any advice on this please. Also what extra costs should we be prepared for at the hotel. We apreciate that this is all inclusive but have been advised that you do need to pay for some drinks over the bar.

Thanks for your help

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

Have a look here for visa info

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297550-i10093-k…

John can tell you all about the Sunrise when he sees your post.

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

Hi Skallywag SRM has a great all inclusive concept and better than most in Egypt, there is very little apart from trips that you need pay for, all of your meals and drinks are included the only exceptions are live cooking tapenkaki which is within the Asian restaurant small cost if you book this one evening, they also now have a juice bar near the sports pool which sells smoothes and the like all made with fresh fruits, All of the restaurants have wine for sale but the house wine is included anyway so no one bothers with the ones you pay for especially as compared to the UK it can be expensive.

I am off to SRM myself tomorrow but will still answer any specific questions you may have

John

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

Thank you so much am not receiving the assistance I though on the Facebook Page so returned here.

Castleford
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

Hi Scallywag, you have never asked a question on the facebook page regarding the cost of a visa and how to obtain one, and if you had asked you would have been told that you would get all the information you require in the FAQ section in Files at the top of the page under the group photo.

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

I did ask and this was never posted for me so gave up with that approach

Castleford
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

I think it was way in which you asked your questions as to why your posts weren't approved. The FB site is very helpful and informative, but admin have to monitor and censor the site where they think appropriate as the site is a "Lovers" page for the hotel and not one where complaints and issues are aired. You are quite free to do that on Trip Advisor if you feel the need. We see that you have recently asked straight forward questions again on the FB page and people have answered you and tried to be as helpful as possible. We hope that you have a lovely holiday at this resort just like many of us do.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

Hi ChrisDeanCastleford. Re cost of visas to Egypt. As you get off the flight just go into airport building with everyone else. You get your visa in there. Last year they were £13 each, but I think they have now gone up to £18 each. A big jump !!!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

If you want to get your Visa for a couple of £/$'s less then when you enter the airport turn immediately to you left and there will be a row of Bank Desks. They are situated on the back wall as you come in. Just go under the coned of section Ignore people telling you to go straight on (they get more money if you go that way). Also you don’t queue as not many people get their visas from the bank desks :-)

Bicester, United...
Level Contributor
529 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

Does anyone know how many Al A Carte visits are permitted at the Resort please? Thank you :)

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Makadi Bay and Sunrise Royal hotel.

Al A Carte visits at SRM are unlimited

John

Get answers to your questions about Makadi Bay