We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fun city makadi bay

uk
5 posts
Save Topic
fun city makadi bay

Has anyone on this forum heard or know of anyone suffering from dysentery/severe gastric problems who have recently returned from fun city?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fun city makadi bay

I contacted Thomas Cook about this as I heard that people had been sick in late May early June , they said it was not food poisoning just people getting dodgy tummies. I'm due to go here in August and now I'm a bit worried as it keeps getting negative comments, have you been?

uk
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: fun city makadi bay

Hi we have not been but are due to go in 3 weeks. I have shown the Thomas cook agents where we booked the web page that concerned us, If you type in fun city and dysentery you should see what i mean. At the moment they seem to denying any knowledge which seems highly improbable, we are now waiting for them to find out from the onsite rep. what is going on. We want to move to different hotel. will let you know if we hear anything back.

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: fun city makadi bay

Hi, I spoke to Thomas Cook again on Monday after going in on Friday to complain, she said Products have confirmed everything is okay and that the bad reviews were because the entertainment and food was not up to scratch as it wasn't peak season. I told her its s 5 star hotel so that's what customers should expect and that it shouldn't just be a 5 star hotel in July and August.

I contacted a few of the people on TA and most of them said avoid, but 1 person did say ignore all the comments but advised me to take my own bottle of alcohol as the drinks are poor. I'll also let u know if I hear anymore.

What a nightmare, supposed to be looking forward to going on holidays but I'm dreading it 😠

4. Re: fun city makadi bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:20 am, June 20, 2013
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fun city makadi bay

Hi we are booked to go on the 16th we too contacted them after reading the article at first they denied it but on the 2nd attempts they acknowledged they did have a number of reports however say the problems have been rectified. I asked them to put it in writing that they can assure our health and safety and they would not so im just praying its sorted but will pack a load of meds to be on the safe side

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fun city makadi bay

Hi, how was your holiday did you enjoy it?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: fun city makadi bay

hi we are traveling to this hotel on 13 sep and are really not lokking forward to going, instead of looking forward to a holiday we are trying to sort out ways of canceling, changing or jst not going full stop due to all the bad reviews and negativity surrounding this hotel. just wondered what you thought of it & is it as bad as everyone is saying? any advice much appreciated

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fun city makadi bay

Hi Angela, I was exactly the same as you before I went but I can honestly say it was not as bad as what everyone has wrote on TA. There were issues wen we got there like not enough beds on the room, safe not working n no water but as soon as we told reception we got them all. Honestly the staff cannot do enough for the English guests, they think we are all rich and love serving us. The latest review on TA is spot on.

Do ask for cola light otherwise you get rola cola. They don't give u water bottles during the day so we used to take the ones from the room and refill them round the pool. Tip ur cleaner at the start and a bit during the week and he will look after you. Book into the al acartes as they are nicer than eating in the Buffett restaurant.

The entertainment is rubbish but we met loads of English families so we made it a good holiday.

I haven't wrote a review yet but I am going to as I was really disappointed with the other reviews as in all honesty I think it was not that bad. I wouldn't go again as I don't think it was worth the money we paid for it but it didn't stop us enjoying ourselves.

If you like snorkelling make sure you go the beach at the sister hotel, worth a visit. Please contact me again if you need to ask me anything and I hope I have put your mind at rest. Enjoy :-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: fun city makadi bay

hi diane thanks for your reply, it does help to hear something positive for a change, am prob going to bite bullet an go but am still changing mind on daily basis at mo, thanks again.

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: fun city makadi bay

Hi Angela, I would say buy some alcohol from the airport as unless you like red wine the drinks were pretty bad, I took a bottle of Malibu and I was happy.

I was quite lucky when I was there as there was a lot of english families but I have heard from people who came back yesterday who said that the hotel had gone quieter.