We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WHICH IS BEST? Makadi Palace or Grand Makadi Hotel

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
WHICH IS BEST? Makadi Palace or Grand Makadi Hotel

Just booking a late deal right now, spending a week in Luxor (Maritime Jolie Ville Hotel) and then want to travel down to Makadi Bay. Just can't decide which hotel looks best, Makadi Palace, Grand Makadi OR to add in another dilemma the Makadi Spa - very confused!!

There are 3 of us (myself, hubby & daughter) all sharing a room. Any advice much appreciated.

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WHICH IS BEST? Makadi Palace or Grand Makadi Hotel

Of the three I would say Makadi Spa as it is brand new.

John

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WHICH IS BEST? Makadi Palace or Grand Makadi Hotel

Thanks John - a night owl & fellow scouser to boot!

I've just booked our flights to Luxor where we will spend a week & then go across to Makadi Bay for a 'chill out' week - from the reviews I've kinda fancied Makadi Bay as opposed to Hurghada itself - hope I'm right! The Makadi Palace looked a little dated in comparison to the Grand Makadi - but I thought the Makadi Spa was 'adults only'? We have our 16yr old daughter with us, so I'm not really sure where we fit in here.

Which hotel do you think is best out of the above 3?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WHICH IS BEST? Makadi Palace or Grand Makadi Hotel

Thanks John - a night owl & fellow scouser to boot!

I've just booked our flights to Luxor where we will spend a week & then go across to Makadi Bay for a 'chill out' week - from the reviews I've kinda fancied Makadi Bay as opposed to Hurghada itself - hope I'm right! The Makadi Palace looked a little dated in comparison to the Grand Makadi - but I thought the Makadi Spa was 'adults only'? We have our 16yr old daughter with us, so I'm not really sure where we fit in here.

Which hotel do you think is best out of the above 3?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WHICH IS BEST? Makadi Palace or Grand Makadi Hotel

I far prefer Makadi bay to Hughada especially if you just want to chill, The Palace and Grand are next door to each other and are both a few years old, persoanlly I dont like the beach in front of them but both hotels are very nice, If you have a 16 year old and can't ue the Makadi spa take a look at Sunwing waterworld this is another new hotel all 4 of thers hotels are in a line at the northern end of Makadi bay, they are all red sea hotels so I would go for the Sunwing.

John

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WHICH IS BEST? Makadi Palace or Grand Makadi Hotel

Thanks John, I'll take a look today!

6. Re: WHICH IS BEST? Makadi Palace or Grand Makadi Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Makadi Bay
Recent Conversations