We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makadi spa hotel

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Makadi spa hotel

My husband and I stayed at the Makadi Spa hotel last October and loved it so much we're going back in June. When we last went, all of the a la carte restaurants were AI and the lobby bar was too. Mid way through the week the beach bar became AI in the evening. We've looked on the Red Sea Holidays website and it is now saying that there's a charge for the steak and fish restaurants, which wasn't the case in October. Has anyone been recently that can let us know what is actually the case? It's so annoying not knowing because we don't know how much money to take! We've also booked AI because we want AI, so having to pay will probably put us off dining at those places. Advice on any recent experience would be welcomed!

Humberston, N.E...
Level Contributor
277 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makadi spa hotel

We stayed in Oct when all the restaurants were part of the AI package and I have just booked again this wk-end - a party of 6. I will certainly be contacting our tour operator to raise the queries you have mentioned otherise we will be very disappointed if these are not included!!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makadi spa hotel

Hi we went in November 2012 and there was an extra charge, in both the fish and the steak restaurants, for some items, whilst most were included in the AI, so I think that's what they mean when they say there is a charge, its the same in most of the other dine around restaurants, I remember paying 2 euros each for a dessert in the Thai restaurant. As for the Lobby Bar I'm not sure about that as they do seem to keep changing their minds about that, which is a shame but there are more bars open now. This extra payment for some restaurants seems the norm in Egypt from what I read, it was the first time we had come across it but I suppose it does help to keep prices down, Hope that helps sandra

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makadi spa hotel

I am also looking to book the Makadi Spa Hotel for the end of May. I have emailed the hotel to ask about the lobby bar being included in the AI package and also whether we can use other restaurants and bars in the other Makadi Hotels.

I've been to many AI hotels and never had to pay extra for anything, but I guess its different in the Red Sea.

Hotel does look lovely!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Makadi spa hotel

Hi all, just returned a couple of weeks ago. You don't have to pay at the Steakhouse or Seafood restaurants. Both are lovely, enjoyed the Steakhouse the best.

The lobby bar is NOT part of the A/I plan now you have to pay for alcholic drinks here.

Humberston, N.E...
Level Contributor
277 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Makadi spa hotel

Hi pickleh we are going on Monday. Please can you tell us where you sat of an evebing where the drinks are part of the AI package.

Thanks Tracy

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Makadi spa hotel

Hi there, we would either go to Shimmers Bar or the Garden bar,both are part of the A/I package and both are nice places

7. Re: Makadi spa hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Makadi Bay
Recent Conversations