We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handbags

Mirfield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Handbags

We are travelling to Makadi Bay and my wife was wondering whether she would be able to buy 'handbags' in the resort, or will we have to go to Hurgada.

Castleford
Level Contributor
271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Handbags

Hi Yorkie,

you may well find some handbags for sale in the hotel shops in Makadi Bay, tho most of these tend to sell holiday souvenir type gifts etc. For serious shopping you will probably have to travel into Hurghada itself. The Senzomall on the outskirts of Hurghada, on the way to Makadi bay, is a large shopping complex with a big Supermarket called Spinneys, a cinema complex, and a range of "designer" type shops inside so you might find what you are looking for in there. Look out for it on your transfer from the airport, you can't miss it.

Mirfield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Handbags

Thank you for that. Is there any other tips you can pass on. We are staying at the makadi spa hotel.

uk
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Handbags

Hi

I just returned from the Makadi spa on saturday, there is a shop with the grounds of the Makadi palace (next door) that sells handbags, I seen a lovely Prada bag there and the guy wanted £65 for it !!!!! I haggled with him and he went dow to £50 but i was still not going to pay that much for it.........We did not venture out to Hurghada although as Deano says above you would be able get them in Hurghada i would imagine much cheaper, The airport is also really good they have what i could only describe as a bazzarr with in the airport where i brought 2 hand bags, one was Louis Voitton £15.00 and a prada one for £25....Hope thios helps xx

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Handbags

Do you not risk getting them confiscated at customs in the UK if you are searched?

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Handbags

Yes, bringing fakes into the uk is illegal and if you get caught with them they will be confiscated.

6. Re: Handbags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 25, 2014