We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what films are on Thomas Cook in flight this month?

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
what films are on Thomas Cook in flight this month?

anyone been recently who can hazard a guess as to the in flight film (s) being shown? just interested, i guess they might have changed by the time we go on tuesday!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what films are on Thomas Cook in flight this month?

Hi Haylebug, sorry but not good new as Thomas cook have stop all inflight entertainment for all short haul flight from the 1st May. They do hire out PSP with films load on them but I not sure of the cost. Remember to pack a book. Enjoy yourelves Lissieloo

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what films are on Thomas Cook in flight this month?

you're joking?!? jeesh thats going to be a long flight without a film on! i've got a very short attention span so a flight of half that length is usually more than enough for me. cant believe they're not showing anything, wish we'd booked with thomson now...

romford
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what films are on Thomas Cook in flight this month?

Hi,

From what I have read on holiday truths all IFE on short bodied aircrafts (which I assume to be B757 aircraft 3x3 seating) ceased with Thomas Cook as from the first of May, but is still available on the B767 ...... not unless I've read the posts wrong.

Log on to www.holidaytruths.com, there are loads of posts on there relating to TC IFE.

Regards,

Pat

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what films are on Thomas Cook in flight this month?

thanks Pat that link is really helpful had no idea about that forum, and it does say what you suspect i.e. narrow body planes have no ife but the provision of psps to be hired to watch films, but the larger planes (which hopefully is the one we should be on having the seating arrangement 2-4-2) although someone has said that one of the larger planes has issues with its ife, hopefully if we end up on the broken one we will still be given the psp option as i cant imagine anyone being happy with a 5 hour flight with no entertainment!!

thanks all

romford
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what films are on Thomas Cook in flight this month?

Hi Hayley,

Ask on holiday truths what aircraft you will be flying on (give flight number, airport) and the guys on there will be able to tell you wether you will have inflight entertainment. From what I can gather, there are about 4 on this site that work for the airlines (in what capacity, I don't know) but they are a mind of information. I've found them to be very helpful.

Regards,

Pat

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what films are on Thomas Cook in flight this month?

Hi Hayley

We flew back from Hughada to Manchester on 7th May which was after the deadline date for the end of IFE but we had full IFE working fine, we flew on a 767 which is the 2-4-2 configuration, If as people above have said the 767's still have IFE you can check the films for this month by looking at the in-flight magazine which can be found online at ink-live.com/emagazines/thomas-cook-travel-m… you do need to register to view it but it is free.

Hope this helps.

John

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what films are on Thomas Cook in flight this month?

thats good news John thanks again, i'll have a look at that link now. fly out tomorrow! will report back when i return...

8. Re: what films are on Thomas Cook in flight this month?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:30 am, December 05, 2010