Hi all - if you have booked a Red Sea Hotel please see my thread under Hurghada ref cancellations
Hi all concered travellers.
We booked to go to the Makadi Palace back in Sept 07, travel date Aug 08. We have been imformed that the contracts have not been renewed. Panorama have said that they are hoping that the contracts will be renewed in time. This does not instill alot of confidence. We have asked to transfer our booking to another hotel(Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay) they have said we can but only if we pay the administration costs. The girls in the travel agents agree with us and say we shouldn't have to. I have wrote to the chief exec, but as yet no reply!!!!. We have spent 5 hours over the last week in the travel agents and numerous telephone calls to Panorama, but the only thing Panorama will say that because of the problems in Kenya they will not sort us out, we will just have to wait. We are not prepared to do this so it looks like we will have to pay just for piece of mind.
Have yet again spent over 1 hour trying to speak to direct holidays,The guy I spoke to assured me that the only Red sea Hotel that is affected is The Ghazalla Gardens in Sharm!He was very confident we would still be going to The Makadi Palace, actually the same day as you.I have spent the last week quite frantic but I really dont think it is worth the upset,
I was assured if at all it was changed they would do there very best to give us a very similar 5*hotel,
Our family are really looking forward to this holiday,who knows we may be able to celebrate by the pool in August.
Thanks for your response, but you might not like what I have to say. We kept plugging away at Panorama Holidays to try and get a response as to wether our holiday was safe, even writing to the chiief Exec., still awaiting a reply.
Went in yesterday and made the decision to pay the administration chages and change Hotels to make sure we got a decent Hotel( Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay).
The girls at going places said this was probably for the best and then if our first choice didn't come back on line we could try and claim these costs back as they were never going to send us there.
Today a Panorama rep has contacted Going places and said we could transfer hotels at no extra cost!! Now to me this is an admitance that they will not be getting the contracts back. When was the last time a holiday firm gave you something for nothing??
Please be carefull and keep at your tour operator to make sure you are not left with a poor hotel.
before i canx my feb holiday to makadi palace i asked for a price to change to sunrise royal and was told that there were no family rooms available so i could nt even pay to change , this makes me wonder where i would have ended up , either at makadi palace? or somewhere completely different....i made the decision to canx and get a refund, due to the ongoing building work, i await my cheque........
hi im booked too go in may ive just contacted
the red sea hotels direct about the situation and they confirm they dont have any problem with thomas cook / mytravel and the negotiations with the new contract will come to an end soon .Ive contacteem to read the posts on ths site ill let you know what happens
when you contacted them (red sea hotels) direct, did they say they were still accepting thomas cook guests? Im going on 1st feb to grand makadi and thomas cook said last wednesday we were still confirmed to stay at this hotel. I hope they telling truth cos I know lots people been moved over last few weeks an some have cancelled. thanks
hi go on to REDSEAHOTELS.com home page and clic on contact i did this monday night they repleid 12 hrs later .The more of us that do it the better.
We stayed there lasy year and loved it. My daughter cried last night when we told her our holiday was in doubt
will do that now. Will let you know when i get a reply and what it says.
and thanks for that.
have e mailed Grand Makadi twice now about whether they can confirm our booking. Explained about confusion here in UK with regard to Thomas cook takeover etc but unfortunately no reply as yet.
Thomas Cook are still saying there is no problem with booking. we booked july07 and are traveling next fri.
Yet again rang direct holidays and they are still adament our holiday in August is still on!
Think we will sit back and wait it seems we can`t really do anything but keeping our fingers crossed.