We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling- your opinion please!

Norfolk, England
Level Contributor
344 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling- your opinion please!

I have been looking at Sharm but have noticed the prices for Hurghada are far more affordable for the week I want to go, my main reason for choosing Sharm was because I am a big snorkelling fan!

Please can you tell me how the snorkelling in Hurghada compares and the best resorts/ hotel to stay at for access to the reefs.

Many many thanks

x

Cairo - Egypt
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling- your opinion please!

Off-shore reefs in Hurghada (starting from 1-2 hours boat trip) are very rich and suitable for both snorkelling and diving. Many hotels and resorts also also have rich corals right at the tip of their jetties or boardwalks.

Nice time in Egypt

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling- your opinion please!

In hurgada there are many trips that you can join for Snorkling, me personally i am also fan of snorkling , very nice collections of corals are near to the shores of Hurgada

you do not need to stay in any specific hotel to get to do it, all hotels in hurgada have aqua centers, and they all sell snorkling trip, the most common one is called Gifton Island trip, which is very intersting trip that take the whole day, its a natural preservation area and around that island is a wonderful collection of corals, usually in such trip they provide you with mask, fens , and tube for snorkling and include you bottle of water and a soft drink as well as lunch on board, it start from 8 am till 4 pm making 2 or 3 stops in the open sea to snorkle and then arrive to the Gifton Island to see it

Just be aware some tricky aqua center sell you the trip too cheap like 10 us per person or something and they tell you they will take you to Gifton and instead they take you to Magawish Island which is not as nice as Gifton, to know that you arrive to gifton , the fastest boat can take the distance from hurgada shores to gifton in not less than half hour continous sailing, it have a ticket to enter the preservation area, which was last time i have been there about 5 dollars just the entry fees, normally such trip is sold by 20 to 25 dollars as far as i know

you will enjoy it

3. Re: Snorkelling- your opinion please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, August 19, 2009