We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurghada Airport NIGHTMARE--was this an exception?

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mons, Belgium
Level Contributor
90 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hurghada Airport NIGHTMARE--was this an exception?

We are hours back from our stay at Movenpick El Gouna. A wonderful vacation. However leaving Hurghada was among the worst travel nightmares my small group has experienced. Hundreds of people en masse pushing and fighting to get through to 3 security stations. Our travel hosts told us (ha ha) this is common on Thursdays and Saturdays. We were completely unprepared for this. It took more than an hour just to get from the curb and in the door--shoulder to shoulder and bag to bag the entire way. The poor children and their parents. Is this how it goes in Hurghada? I understand that not everyone the world over shares the same fondness for a nice neat line but this was over the top! Please, please don't lecture me on the challenges of traveling in a foreign country--if you're one of the mean people who sometimes posts here just keep moving.

norway
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurghada Airport NIGHTMARE--was this an exception?

Hi

Just came back myself. We left from the hotel in Hurghada around 10:30 and was true everthing after 1 hour. Some people payed some LE and got fast true the cue.

But with small kids I can agree with you.

But anyway I'm deffently going back :-)

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurghada Airport NIGHTMARE--was this an exception?

Hurghada airport last May was challenging and a bit weird... If anyone reading this is yet to go to said airport - don't forget to take some US dollars with you as this is the main currency that they accept at the airport, and especially in the omg sooooo cheap duty free!

It was crowded when we were there, but it is an airport - what do you expect?! lol.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurghada Airport NIGHTMARE--was this an exception?

Same for me as well, last August.

Going again in April though.

How much are the Visa's if paying in US ?

romania
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurghada Airport NIGHTMARE--was this an exception?

Just been there two days ago. Chaotic management of the airport and the thousands of drunk Russina and Ukrainean tourists are not helping either.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurghada Airport NIGHTMARE--was this an exception?

cheapies - for visas - I think it would be about $20 each? How much is £10 in dollars? :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurghada Airport NIGHTMARE--was this an exception?

There is a project now to construct a whole new terminal. It will take sometime though as it is still in the early stages.

7. Re: Hurghada Airport NIGHTMARE--was this an exception?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada