We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hurghada in early june. temps?

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sarfend
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hurghada in early june. temps?

We went last march with the kids to jungle ago. We now are going to try the new steigenberger aqua magic with the kids in early june.

Any idea what sort of temps we can expect? I am ok upto low to mid 30s. A bit more if there is breeze.

Hopefully the crowds wont be too bad with all the scaremongering in the media

UK
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hurghada in early june. temps?

I went to Hurghada in early June, and it was hot hot hot, 40+, getting up to 46C some days.

Stoke-on-trent...
Level Contributor
815 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hurghada in early june. temps?

We off to the Steigenberger aqua magic on the 11th march. dont know about temps as first time to Egypt. but we are off to Belek in Turkey in june and temps there are well into the 30's .

Edited: 9:09 am, February 19, 2014
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hurghada in early june. temps?

It will be hot but whether you will find it acceptable or not depends on how windy it is. Certain hotels I have visited in Hurghada seem very windy which takes the edge off the temperature. However, another place we went to (in June) was very still.

Whatever, the rooms are air conditioned so you will have no trouble sleeping. We normally spend the day under an umbrella, just venturing out for a swim or refreshments.

If there is a water park at your hotel, I am sure you will spend most of your time in the pools.

Have fun!

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hurghada in early june. temps?

I was in Jungle Aqua for 2 first weeks of June last year. Temperatures were between 30-40. Couple of nights were wery hot, others more pleasant.

But with aquapark and cool pools near its easy to cool down. So go for it.

My first reaction when stepping out of the plane was: "Have I come to sauna for 2 weeks". That day was probably hottest of those 2 weeks.

Going for another 2 weeks in early June this year too.

sarfend
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hurghada in early june. temps?

Oh dear. 46!!!

I think we will look at turkey.

Thank you very much

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hurghada in early june. temps?

So one posters says that it was 46 degrees. Really? You would do better to look at the weather almanac on something like weather underground. Then you can see what the temperature actually was on a given day over several years. Then decide.

UK
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hurghada in early june. temps?

wunderground.com/history/…

If you want to doubt, at least get the facts.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hurghada in early june. temps?

Actual temperature 36. Possible max 46. Big difference.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hurghada in early june. temps?

Sorry, misread the statistics. We were in Hurghada at the same time and it was really windy. We did not find it especially hot at all.

10. Re: hurghada in early june. temps?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 22, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada