We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mozzie spray

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
mozzie spray

can you buy the mozzie spray off in the uk.and does it work.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
860 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mozzie spray

Works great for me (I am a natural mosquito magnet it would appear), but I now use Tesco's extra strength spray instead and it works well too. You can get OFF in the UK though...try online pharmacies. You need something with DEET in it, preferably at least 15% DEET.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mozzie spray

Thanks for that, went to sharm 2 years ago ended up at the dr there prescribed antibiotics cream and 2 injections

London, England
Level Contributor
397 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mozzie spray

Is it suitable for a child? 2 year old.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
860 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mozzie spray

I always apply it on myself by putting it on a cloth and then wiping the cloth on my skin. Firstly, this uses less spray (yes, I am Scottish!) and secondly, it means you get a more even "spread" and can ensure you don't miss anywhere. I am sure it would be OK applied like this but it is probably pretty "horrible" stuff so depends on your approach to childcare. I would prefer a bit of this stuff in my child's mouth than the uncomfortable and unpleasant mosquito bite.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mozzie spray

Good tip Clare. I always find the sprays really get to my lungs IYKWIM. I too am a mozzie magnet but on our last two trips I used the Boots own brand after Sun with repellant in addition to normal repellant. I remained bite free which was amazing! The hotel was fogging every evening but despite seeing the same thing at other resorts I have always had some bites even using repellant. It just seemed that the aftersun gave an extra level of protection.

6. Re: mozzie spray

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 15, 2015